“Great Steak, Great Atmosphere, Excellent Service”
Review of III Forks Austin

III Forks Austin
Reserve with OpenTable
III Forks Austin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 4,188 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Lavaca and Cesar Chavez
Description: III Forks is an award-winning steakhouse, located on Lavaca Street at Cesar Chavez, in downtown Austin. Considered the Crown Jewel of American Dining, III Forks serves USDA Prime steaks, fresh fish and cold-water lobster. The steakhouse, finished in mahogany and marble, is designed to accommodate private parties of up to 60 guests. With four private rooms, a piano bar, and over 500 different wines, III Forks is sure to provide the best food and service in town. Open daily at 5:00 PM. Bar is open daily at 4:00 PM.
Reviewed 24 December 2016

Great Steak, Great Atmosphere, Excellent Service.... My wife and I really enjoyed our meal. I will definitely be back!!!

Brian K, General Manager at III Forks Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

Thanks for the review. Let me know the next time you are in, I'd love to show my appreciation.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

This amazing restaurant in downtown Austin has become our annual anniversary dinner. Superb service, atmosphere and incredible food. Rachael and Ernest attention to detail made our 41st special. Bone-in filet that literally melts in your mouth, fried lobster app, lobster bisque and seasonal favorite Jasmine martini has us already planning next visit to bring friends. Only issue is always trying to decide what to choose, and then to save room for dessert.

Thank you for letting us be a part of your anniversary celebration. These occasions and guests like yourself are the reason we do what we do!

Reviewed 18 November 2016

We have eaten here 3 times. 2011 and twice this year (2016). Outstanding food, outstanding service. Our last occasion was our 51st anniversary celebration, Nov. 17, 2016. Kelsey was our server on the last two occasions. She is fantastic! Her knowledge of the food, her personal and caring approach, her enthusiasm, her helpfulness, her personality-- yes, I could go on and on about her. And every single dish we have had at 3 Forks has been excellent. I'm 76 years old and I used to be in the food and wine business, so I know good food. I have never had a better steak than the ones here. Really. Just go there. You will not be disappointed. And ask for Kelsey.

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

We came to Austin and wanted a nice steak dinner. We did not expect how great they actually were. Great wine great food. This is 10/10. The staff is very accommodating as well. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

We had our anniversary dinner at III Forks & it was absolutely fantastic! Our concierge at the Intercontinental Stephen F Austin Hotel, Elena, made reservations for us. My only restaurant requirement was that they have a porterhouse steak, the only steak my husband likes. The Executive Chef, Adrian C., graciously agreed to get it & make it for my husband even though it was not on the menu! We were already impressed before we even walked thru the door!

The restaurant's ambiance was warm & romantic, not snobbish. The music was contemporary & not too loud. Our waitress, Rachel, was super great - friendly, professional, knowledgeable about the menu, charismatic, & she checked on us the perfect amount.

The food was sooo fabulous! We shared the Crabcake appetizer. I had the Chilean Sea Bass with King's Butter. My husband & I shared the 6 Cheese Potatoes.  His 32oz Porterhouse came out perfectly seasoned &  perfectly cooked. It was the best porterhouse he has ever had! It truly was exceptionally delicious :)

Thanks to Rachel, we got to thank the Chef in person; Adrian came out to our table, wished us a Happy Anniversary & graciously accepted our many thanks for the special order & our compliments in preparing the best porterhouse steak Ever!!

From start to finish, we were really impressed with the staff & the food. Will definitely come back when we are in Austin again.

Brian K, General Manager at III Forks Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Katt,

Thank you for this review. It is our honor to be apart of such a special occasion.

Been to III Forks Austin? Share your experiences!