“Prepaid 4 months in advance thru hotels.com but didn't stay here...”

Candlewood Suites - Austin South
Ranked #132 of 205 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 25 May 2015

We booked 2 prepaid NS rooms in Jan 2015 for a stay in May 2015. The reservation was for non-smoking rooms. Be aware that Candlewood only recognizes this as a "request" not a specific room type reservation. While I was sitting in the lobby a representative from Hotels.com called the Candlewwod Suites hotel. The parking lot was full of AT&T service vans. The desk clerk told the Hotels.com rep that AT&T pays more for the rooms than hotels.com so they get whatever they want. I would not recommend booking a room at this hotel.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank JohnJStr
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2015

Dear JohnJStr,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We would like to extend our sincere apologies for the issues you had with the front desk particularly with the room assignments. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message to obtain more information.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 April 2015 via mobile

I stayed at this Candlewood Suites hotel while in Austin. The hotel itself is good with plenty of free parking, good service and overall good price. They offer free washers and dryers and snacks. The only negative was dirty towels when I checked in but the room itself was big, a bit dated but comfortable. There are other hotels that are nicer for the same price but I would likely stay again in this hotel in the future.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2015

I stayed here for 2 weeks in February while I was in Austin working. The hotel is very basic. There is no restaurant or any area to get food and as such there is no breakfast available. The housekeeping is only done once a week so as a result if you want fresh towels or sheet you have to go to reception. There is also no reception area for people to sit in. I was with 3 colleagues and there was no where for us to meet up and sit around in the hotel. I wont stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a one night stay passing through its ok not for any longer.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
CandlewoodMGR, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2015

Carl-Dublin2014
We hate to hear your disappointment with our hotel and we truly wish we could have provided more amenities for you. We would like a second chance if you are ever back in the area. We do provide things like our Candlewood Cupboard where you can purchase breakfast, lunch or dinner items. There is also a place to set down and relax. Again, we regret you did not love your time with; hopefully we can make it up to you in the future.
Safe Travels,

Reviewed 13 March 2015

I was supposed to stay here to attend an event at the Convention Center. Unfortunately, ice storms and snow prevented the trip. I had made a non-refundable reservation, so I understand that the policy is that I would be offered no sympathy. However, I disagree with that policy. If an act of God (and Mother Nature) prevent the trip that is different than my decision to be a flake. My reservation was over $300 and that's a pretty penny to lose because of weather! Again, I understand "it's out of their hands because of policy" but that's just an excuse. Will consider their policies before I consider booking at Candlewood ever again!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business

mortyman,

We completely agree with you and need to apologies for not being hospitable and sensitive to your situation. Please feel free to reach out to the hotel management at your convenience so we can resolve this for you.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 9 January 2015

South Austin, not too far from 6th Street, Downtown area, 5 minute drive. The hotel is nice, quiet, the staff was very friendly and nice. I didn't see any of the problems in the other review- no bugs, very clean. Parking was close, it is an older hotel, but perfectly acceptable rooms, had some A/C problems, but the staff can right away and fixed the problem. Room has dishwasher, kitchen.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple