“Wow what a disappointment”

Candlewood Suites - Austin South
Ranked #132 of 204 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 4 July 2016

Room smelled like dirty dog, and the Air Conditioner was loud. Couldn't sleep with the noise from the AC. No maid service if you stay more than one day and the price is the same each night. Really!!!!! Had to take my dirty towels to the front desk in order to get new ones. I've had better stays at Motel 6. The shower water pressure was poor.

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel!!!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2016

Dear brewerb44,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review on TripAdvisor. We rely on guest feedback as this will allow us to improve wherever possible. I regret to read that you found your last visit to be disappointing. I am sorry for not meeting your expectations when it comes to the cleanliness of the room, air conditioning system, and customer service delivered. In line with this, I have sent you a private message to help us get additional information regarding this event.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Ingrid V.

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

After looking for a hotel for 2 hours after a long day of swimming, we stumbled upon this one and it was great, very clean, and the staff was very friendly. The room was spacious, and the bed was comfy. It felt a lot safer than the La Quinta a few hotels down. Our room was equipped with a microwave, stove, dish washer, and an apartment size refrigerator. I would definitely come back.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Victoriaarene
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Room was average, was clean. They had a room on main floor where you could get packaged food to cook in the microwave and using honor system they would add to your expenses if occurred.. Worked out well since we had no way of getting to a restaurant unless walked a ways.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelodyPaul
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

Dear MelodyPaul,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. It is good to know that you approve of the cleanliness level of the property. On the other hand, I am sorry to read that your stay was only average. I apologize for the disappointments you had with your room accommodations and regret the inconvenience this may have caused. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests in the future.

While I understand your stay was not 100% satisfactory, I sincerely hope that we get another chance of providing you a better experience on your next visit.

Ingrid V.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

Candlewoods in general have always felt somewhat generic to me. This one is no different. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I had a standard room. The arrangement is inconvenient, with the recliner right between the bed and the wall with nearly no space between. I do like the workdesk, dining table combo setup. The bed bothered me the first couple of nights, but fortunately, they were replacing all the beds the week I was there. I slept so much better the last night on the new bed. Air conditioning worked great. My only complaint is the bedding. The sheets had that uncomfortable slightly rough texture of cheap sheets that have been washed many times. I ended up having to put my travel blanket beneath myself to keep the bottom sheet from touching my skin. I hope they get new bedding to go with their new beds.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Dear Cheri D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are pleased to know that you found our staff to be very friendly and helpful. However, we would like to apologize for falling below your expectations regarding our rooms and bedding. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for evaluation.

Joel A

Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

I just love this hotel!!! The staff is amazing, sweet and informative.
Our room was clean, comfortable, cool and inviting.
The little snack cabinet was awesome and handy. The laundry area was so convenient and always clean.
I stayed here in November for 3 weeks and had a wonderful experience then too.
This trip was for 10 days.
We brought our 1 yr old Morkie Maggie with us as this hotel is pet friendly.
Great location... Close to down town Austin and highway I-35 to everyplace south like The Alamo!
There is no pool, but there are so many lakes and cool places to go tubing also dozens of dog parks too with and without water for your dog to swim in.
So nice to have a kitchen in your room, go shopping at H.E.B and fill the fridge...lol
Texas I love you!