I stayed here recently during a conference in the same building. I can't complain except for one thing--noisy. The walls seem to be very thin:
*Garbage truck at about 5a.m.--right outside my window
*Someone next door either likes loud television or fell asleep with it on, very loud. I finally called down to the front desk at 1:30--they did send someone up promptly and I had no further problems.
*The fire alarm went off at about 4:30 a.m. on my last night--it's a really strange sounding fire alarm--I thought it was someone with a cart (a "whirring" sound).
Other than that, I was very pleased. Bed was a little too soft for me, but this is a personal preference--I just like a firmer bed. Nice robes that you can purchase for $125 if you want. Great shower, though a bit of a tight squeeze between it and the toilet (no tub in my room). Small fridge if you need it. Nice staff all around, good food at the conference (I assume the restaurants in the center are the same. The courtyard is a nice place to relax. UT-Austin is literally across the street. Fitness center was better than most I've been to.
The conference center itself was well laid out for our group. Sometimes a little chilly, but most conference goers know to bring a sweater or jacket for this issue.
I might be going to this conference again in 2013, which is scheduled to be at the same place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center is located in the heart of Austin, offering hotel rooms, meeting space and fine dining. HOTEL Featuring 276 guest rooms and 21 suites onsite, the hotel offers inspiring views of The University of Texas at Austin's Main Tower, the Texas State Capitol, and our serene central courtyard. Room technologies and guest amenities make your stay for either business or pleasure equally enjoyable. MEETINGS Forty thousand square feet of meeting space offers 37 rooms ranging from a multimedia amphitheatre and divisible 10,000-square-foot ballroom to tiered and traditional classrooms with superior connectivity, plus breakout rooms to support small group work. Wireless access throughout the facility and exceptional presentation and audio/visual features provide answers to your conference planning challenges. CELEBRATIONS The Grand Ballroom is situated in the heart of Austin and Texas Hill County. Our coveted location allows us to exemplify elegance combined with a little Texas flare. Our award winning culinary staff and our AAA Four Diamond service will offer you endless choices for your wedding reception that are both skillfully crafted and sinfully delicious. DINING Delivered with platinum service and a conscience for sustainability, our variety of exceptional dining spaces will have you savoring every moment you're here. Join us at The Carillon, Gabriel's Cafe, or One Twenty 5 Cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelClick, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- At And t Executive Education And Conference Center
- At&t Executive Education Hotel Austin