“Chateaubriand extraordinaire!”

Perry's Steakhouse & Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Perry's Steakhouse & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 3,992 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$35 - US$45
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Colorado
Description: Perry's Steakhouse & Grille creates an experience that is casually elegant, while staying grounded to its roots as a meat market by serving only the choicest cuts of hand-selected, USDA-aged Prime beef, cut fresh daily. Perry's also offers a Social Hour with specially priced appetizers, wine and martinis, piano bar featuring live entertainment and an array of private dining rooms for every occasion. From its modern interior with a towering wine wall to succulent signature dishes cooked to perfection, Perry's family has redefined dining with an experience that's truly Rare and Well Done.
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Austin has plenty of great steak houses but if you are looking for that over the top beef dish, it has to be the Chateaubriand at Perry's! You are presented with a cooked-to-perfection slab of tenderloin for your inspection which is then sliced into three pieces and served with not just one, but three sauces, all fabulous! Of course there is Bernaise, but add to that a Brandy Peppercorn reduction option and a Truffle Merlot Demiglace. The biggest problem is trying to decide which one for your next bite. Add to that a side of their signature asparagus which is lightly fried and topped with jumbo lump crabmeat. And make sure you save room for the table-side prepared Bananas Foster! Of course, their other dishes are excellent, but to me, this is the combination that sets it apart from the others.

If you are downtown at lunch on a Friday, the pork chop special is a must. It's one huge piece of caramelized meat and served with applesauce. You might just have to skip dinner after that meal.

Perry's is perfect for that romantic evening, a business dinner, or a group of friends. You can take the family, but if you have young children you would probably prefer to savor an exceptional and relaxing meal.

1  Thank AndyF811

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Anniversary dinner and the service was first rate and waiters knowledgeable on menu and wines - the atmosphere is cosy although serving many with different levels. Food was everything we expected - can't wait to go again.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

When you go to a steakhouse, you should really order...the pork! Yes, it's true. We've been to Perry's on multiple occasions and I usually order the steak (it's good, but not as good as Eddie V's), but I decided to try their "famous" pork chop which was outstanding and definitely deserving of its reputation. In fact, the last two times we've gone, my wife and I have ordered the "7-finger" pork chop--consistently delicious, and always enough that you end up taking some home. The overall atmosphere is very typical of many steakhouses, so don't expect to be "wowed." Request one of the booths along the side if you would prefer a bit more of an intimate experience; we tend not to like sitting on the main floor, which has a bit too much traffic. Desserts were good, but not remarkable. The service has been uneven: some nights we get a delightful and responsive server, while others tend to be middling. The name of the game here is PORK CHOP. Enjoy.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

My son and I went here while I was in town, to share mutual birthdays. We both had filet mignon (he had the 12 oz, I had the 6 oz...there was also an 8 oz...I like the different size options), and we shared the mashed potatoes, broccoli and the fried asparagus. While the meal was very good, IMO it lacked that extra I would expect from a restaurant of this caliber (and price-range) ~ I have eaten at Capital Grill many times and IMO it is better . It was our birthdays, but the restaurant did nothing other than to wish us a happy birthday. The music was a bit too loud (both my son and I noticed it, not just me) and when it was time to go, no one offered to turn in our valet ticket a bit in advance so that we didn't have to stand out in the 100+ degree heat waiting for our car. Maybe these seem like minor grievances, and they are, but if you are going to spend this kind of money for a special occasion dinner, I think there is room for improvement on the part of Perry's.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

In Austin and had dinner with our kids at Perry's. Everything was excellent! Our waiter Phil was the best! Pork Chop and Lamb Chops were fabulous. The entire dinner could have not have been better. Just a great evening! We will go back.

Been to Perry's Steakhouse & Grille? Share your experiences!