“Would eat again”

Ranked #417 of 4,242 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Small local restaurant - decent Thai food but not my favorite! I very much enjoyed the Wanton Soup - probably the best I’ve found. The medium spice on my Red Curry was too spicy for me (I’m a wimp I know). I think I would’ve enjoyed it with less hot. The consistency was perfect, as were the other flavors. This place is worth a shot - I eat a lot of Thai and this place was pretty good / clean / convenient.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

My office ordered take out. It came well wrapped and the food was exceptional. I am sure the food is even better if you dine in.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

The food is really good and on Sundays they include a mini salad bar that's really good as well. This place fills up pretty fast so go early. Staff is very friendly and prices are very reasonable. Didn't give them 5 stars because my portion this particular time was smaller than usual. They were very fast in bringing our food out though.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

My wife and I both love Thai food. Someone who is married to a Thailand native told us about Thai Cuisine and said it was their favorite place in Austin. We stopped by for dinner on a Sunday night and it is tucked away in the corner of a strip center. Once we entered it was decorated in bright, vibrant colors and very appealing. The menu was huge with lots of different choices to choose from. My wife has to eat gluten free and she was thrilled that almost all the entrees on the menu could be prepared in that fashion. She ordered the "Green Curry" and it came in a huge bowl and it was nice and spicy. She ended up taking half of it home it was so large, and she absolutely gave it two thumbs up. I ordered the "Hot Sea" that was a wok-fried seafood combination of shrimp, mussels, scallops, squid and fresh veggies. It was out of sight good! The one thing I liked is that they didn't use any "farm raised" shrimp and seafood. It was definitely wild caught and the flavor that comes with that type of seafood. We were so full we didn't try any of their variety of desserts, but all of them looked and sounded awesome. Service was good and the prices are fair.

1  Thank bohste
Reviewed 19 June 2017

With the closing of our favorite Thai place on Anderson Lane, and the turn-for-the-worse our second favorite place on 620 took, we were desperate to find a replacement. We did, and this is the place. Thai Cuisine is located in the corner of a strip mall, so it could be easily overlooked. When we entered, we didn’t see a lot of patrons, but the interior was nicely done. It had an air of authenticity about, which gave us a good feeling.

There were so many great things on the menu to try, and we got a number of them. The egg rolls appetizers were okay, but the chicken satay was excellent. For our main courses, we ordered pad kra prow, pad thai, and the sesame beef. With all the dishes, the meat was tender, and the vegetables were crunchy. We also enjoyed how the side of rice came in heart-shapes. Everything was delicious, and the staff was very friendly. Paired with a good wine selection, we’ve found our new best-place for Thai food!

1  Thank Dave M

Been to Thai Cuisine? Share your experiences!