“Bring your appetite and wallet!”

Vince Young Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Vince Young Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 4,028 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, French, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 3rd Street
Description: Vince Young Steakhouse is a chic, inviting and locally owned Austin fine dining restaurant serving the finest steaks, wines and desserts in a downtown lively atmosphere with exceptional service.We proudly serve Aged USDA Prime Beef Filet Mignon, Bone-In New York Strip, Ribeye, Bone-In Ribeye, Porterhouse and, our most notable steak, The Perfect Ten, is cut from Texas Akaushi Beef raised in Yoakum, Texas.Our in-house sommelier puts together wine lists to perfectly complement your dining experience. Our bar and lounge offers an extensive, rare Scotch and Bourbon menu, as well as fine cigars. From 5 to 7 pm, our daily Happy Hour specials feature $5 off all bar menu items, $4 beers, $3 off any wine by the glass, $2 off any specialty cocktail and $1 off premium well drinks.Bacon Mac and Cheese, Hand Cut Fries, Crab Cakes, French Onion Soup, Short Rib Chili, Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb, Grilled Duck Breast, and Wagyu Brisket Burger are other local favorites at Vince Young Steakhouse.
Reviewed 18 January 2018

I dined on the bone-in ribeye steak and shared three sides with my dining companions. The sides (bacon mac & cheese, steak fries and roasted Brussels sprouts) were as delicious as the steak. I have learned not to get too excited when ordering a drink at a place I've never been to before. Well, I had the BEST amaretto sour. If I'm ever back in Austin, I'll be back at Vince Young's. It's not inexpensive but it was well worth the price.

vysteakhouse, Owner at Vince Young Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Thrilled our steak, sides, and even the drink could all impress! My team and I look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Austin.

All the best,

Reviewed 16 January 2018

I am having difficulty writing this review as I like to support locally owned businesses. However, this meal didn't meet our expectations and there are too many good steakhouses in Austin. Made reservations via Open Table for a table of 2. This was a basic dinner for my father and I. Not a special event. Valet was easy to use and is located on San Jacinto vs. 3rd. The hostess made us wait until there was another hostess was at stand until she could seat us. Cool, I guess so no one comes into an empty stand. The space is louder than most steakhouses as there are no solid walls between the bar and the actual restaurant. It is empty wine bottles and chains used as walls. Our server was nice enough. He took our order and brought us our drinks. We started with crispy quail. It was average at best. I would not order again. Then the smallest steak they have is 8 oz. We ordered them and a side of potatoes gratin. The food servers brought us our food and left. We didn't have any steak knifes. I literally had to wave down another waiter to ask. Then once he brought us knifes we asked if they had any pepper. He said yes and I will go get your waiter. Yes, I know you are not our waiter but you are the only one out here. Well our waiter never came. The potatoes are cut incorrectly for gratin and were NOT cooked. They are covered in cheese and were raw. Once we were done our waiter finally showed up and asked how things were. Honestly, I didn't have the energy to state that we would have liked some pepper and the potatoes were not cooked. The steaks were good. That is a plus but everything else isn't up to the price point. I would like a smaller steak option. I would like better services and cooked sides. As we waited for our valet my father said that is the worst meal I have had in awhile. That is huge as my father never complains. I doubt we be will returning. The restaurant did call the next day to see how our experience was and I was on another call. For the price point it doesn't meet my expectations. I wish I could report a better experience but am glad I didn't go here for anything more than a dinner on a Friday night with my father.

vysteakhouse, Owner at Vince Young Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Like I mentioned on your Yelp review, it's truly disheartening to read this. You're right to always expect a delicious meal and attentive service from us, so anything but doesn't sit right with me. I know you didn't get a chance to speak with us over the phone about yours and your father's experience, but we'd like to correct this for you. If you're interested, please email us at phil@vinceyoungsteakhouse.com

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Not crowded on a Saturday evening should have been my first clue. While the ambience is very nice and the service was professional and upscale, the food is definitely overpriced for what I received. The salad I ordered barely had enough of the listed ingredients to make it seem I was getting what the menu said, while the filet mignon could have been something close to a fast food restaurant entree. Sad! You would probably fair better at a true local steakhouse.

vysteakhouse, Owner at Vince Young Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

While our ambiance and service could impress, I'm disappointed that wasn't the case for your filet mignon and salad. We certainly would have looked into your order if you brought it up. In any case, we'd like to correct this for you, so if you're interested, please email us at phil@vinceyoungsteakhouse.com.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

From the point of reservation to the follow up call the next day, everything was spot on! We had the crab cakes and quail for appetizers. Absolutely fabulous. Continued with salad and filets. Meat was prime Angus beef which was cooked to perfection. Sides of creamed spinach and augratin potatoes. It was my husband's 60th birthday and they brought out a piece of choc cake with ice cream. I would highly recommend this restaurant. The atmosphere was also very pleasing.

vysteakhouse, Owner at Vince Young Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

I'm glad you were pleased with our service from the moment you made your reservation, and it was a pleasure to have you and your husband by for a meal. What's more, it's great to hear you so enjoyed your perfectly cooked steak and that chocolate cake. I hope to welcome you both back soon!

Best,

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

This was by far the best ribeye I’ve had from a restaurant all year. Nice casual but upscale environment- come as you are. I’ll be back!

vysteakhouse, Owner at Vince Young Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Thank you, Brett. It was a pleasure to share a perfect ribeye with you. Looking forward to welcoming you back for another steak soon!

Take care,
Laura Brown, Co-Owner

Been to Vince Young Steakhouse? Share your experiences!