“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! NOT REN”

Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central
Ranked #180 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 15 May 2017

This hotel is not renovated. It has new paint but it still had some holes here and there and they did not do a good job at plastering and caulking them. The bottom of out tub was filthy. My family stayed here 5-12-17 to 5-14-17 mothers day weekend in Austin. 8221 N I35 to be exact. When we checked in it was 9:00 ish at night. When we got to our room there was no toilet paper and the floors were dirty with multiple footprints on the floor. There were no sheets for the pull out sofa so we had to go back to the lobby for sheets and toilet paper. There was only one wash cloth and it was dirty. We didn't bother asking for new towels, we just picked up some at Walmart. The sofa bed would not pull out all the way so, my husband and I had to share the queen bed with our 3 year old (There was no king size at the time of booking). I am an early riser so I went to get some breakfast at 7am. It was nothing like the pictures. They had coffee, 3 blueberry, 2 peanut butter granola bars and a couple packs of oatmeal. You would think if they offered continental breakfast they would at least have enough for all guest. When I booked this hotel it clearly stated that they had a pool. When I went to check it out they had cemented the pool. There was another guest on our floor that asked if our shower was working because theirs wasn't.

Room Tip: Just don't book this hotel! It cost to much to be this crappy.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Raphaela, please accept my apologies for our hotel not living up to your expectations. We were disappointed to read we failed to provide you a clean room, and our hotel did not have a pool you were expecting. I will share the cleanliness issues you encountered with my housekeeping staff so that they can do the necessary actions. We will take this opportunity to ensure our website is clear and our front desk staff offers clear communications about our offerings. We appreciate you being our guest and hope you and your family will give us a chance to impress you on a future visit.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

I stayed at this place from March 12th to March 19th. During my stay there was theft in my room. I traveled from India to this place and due to Jetlag I was sound asleep. While I was asleep someone entered my room and stole my two mobile phones. When I woke up next day, I couldn't find my phones, when I reported this to the reception, they said they will report it internally. I requested for CCTV footage if someone has entered my room, but they said they donot have CCTV footage for the 4th floor and they cannot produce it. They asked me to lodge a police complaint as I was new to this place, I donot have any idea on the process associated with lodging a police complaint. At the end, they did nothing and I lost two mobile phones. Very pathetic service at the end of the day. I do not recommend anyone to this place.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank chilukuri2017
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take these matters very seriously and will take the necessary actions to ensure this is properly addressed.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

the conditions of the rooms was dirty. the bed was comfortable but that would be the only good thing to say. maybe because of extended stay but there was no ice or ice machine, no extra toiletries in the room. breakfast was mainly coffee and instant oatmeal

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

We certainly apologize for the issues you encountered which led to a disappointing stay as it is never our intention to lose focus on providing you with the hospitality you deserve. We will be sure to share your feedback with the entire team and will use it as a training tool to improve our service and facilities. We truly regret the inconvenience caused, and please give us another chance to make a better impression on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

When we checked in we were not told we needed to request the items to make the "fully equipped kitchen" functional. We found no kitchen items or appliances in our room. We came back to the front desk and were told they would need to get together the items and call us to come back down and get them....that took over 2 hours. We went to the store and came back after 8 pm and still had to wait for the items. We were told there were no coffee makers because they serve coffee in the lobby in the morning. We were told there was no ice machine on premises and there was no functioning icemaker in the room. We didn't receive enough dishes for 3 people, 2 plates, 3 forks, 3 bowls, 1 dilapidated teflon skillet, no glasses or mugs, there weren't enough towels for 3 people, we had to ask for the sofa bed linens. There were no items to cook with not even a knife. The room was not clean. Sticky kitchen floor, not vacuumed, counter was dirty, the sofa bed mattress had food or something in it, there were live bugs in the bathtub, the tv didn't work -the picture froze up. There were 2 safety problems. The light switch in the bathroom shorted out and crackled and sometimes turned off (which is a fire hazard), the toilet was loose and tipped when being used. It was our first time to stay in an Extended Stay and we were extremely disappointed. The girl who checked us out told us to call the manager and we'd get a discount, but every time I call the front desk there is no answer. I called the corporate number and never got a person either. So I resorted to the survey form. It's sad to see the hotel going downhill because it's a nice location with beautiful trees. We stayed two nights and both nights someone tried to get into our room in the middle of the night!! Scary! It was our first stay and we were very disappointed. Nothing was as expected or portrayed on the website. The "breakfast" didn't even have muffins, only granola bars one day and instant oatmeal the next. It was more like a $50 hotel, not $99. The only pluses - the fridge worked, the a/c worked and the bed was pretty comfortable.

Room Tip: backside of hotel is quieter
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

First and foremost, I would like to offer you my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences that you and your family encountered during your stay. We can assure you that what you experienced is not acceptable by our standards, and we will be reviewing and altering our guidelines to provide a much better experience for all our guests. We obviously have room to improve and I ensure you we will. We appreciate your comments and hope you and your family will consider giving us the opportunity to make it up to you on another visit.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Hotel staff is pleasant and friendly. The manager goes out of her way to accommodate. Hotel is quiet and comfortable for a great price. They accommodate all cooking and laundry needs. I will stay here everytime I come to Austin.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Crystal, thanks for posting a review so future travelers can read about your pleasant experience here at Extended Stay America - Austin - North Central. It is a pleasure to know that you were impressed with our friendly associates and with the great value we offer for the price. We appreciate you being our guest and look forward to welcoming you back soon.