“Real flavors - no high fructose junk!”
Review of The Frigid Frog

The Frigid Frog
Ranked #87 of 114 Dessert in Austin
Neighbourhood: South Austin
Description: This is not an actual dine-in restaurant but rather a "shaved-ice" stand that is a mobile trailer. It provides seating in front of the stand with picnic benches covered with large patio umbrellas (a great break from the heat since Austin is known for temps over 100 degrees). This stand had a extensive menu of flavors to choose from including one for pet-owners (bacon flavored for dogs). The price is reasonable (they do accept credit cards) & the staff was friendly. Parking is located in a free public parking lot just behind the stand. Please add this location to your site.
Reviewed 8 April 2013

There are plenty of shaved ice locations in Austin but I really like the homemade syrups and variety of flavors here. I love the passion fruit flavor - try it with pineapple, mango or strawberry.
The line gets long and it's not shaded at ALL so be prepared to sweat for your sweet.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

This is a food trailer in the South Congress Trailer Park - always open on weekends in the summer and a few days/nights at times when it's really hot. They really do have about a Kabillion flavors, including a doggy snowcone to cool your pup down as well. Tons of fun flavor names that kids will like taking their pick of (including Spiderman flavor) - and they'll gladly mix flavors for you, too. Pricing is pretty darn reasonable, IMO - on a hot day there will definitely be a line, but it's worth the wait to cool down. I think the largest size is a 32 oz or bigger- these actually come in cups, not cones, so it's easier to handle them.

The take both cash and credit card- don't forget to put a dollar in the tip jar if they smiled and took care of you right.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

On a recent trip to Texas to visit my son we were sight-seeing in downtown Austin (temperatures reached 110 degrees that day). To say the least, it was hot & a refreshing treat was most needed. As we were driving I spotted many little stands in a parking lot & I saw the lime green building with brightly colored patio umbrellas covering picnic tables in front. We pulled into the back of the free parking lot where there were ample spaces & decided to see what was available. The lime green stand was selling "shaved-ice" (I was elated)! The menu on the front of the building offered so many flavors & even had a selection for pet owners! Although I wanted to try the "Tigers Blood" flavor I was really hot & wanted something I was familiar with so I chose the "Orange" flavor. It was most delicious (with plenty of flavor) & the ice was so fine it just melted in my mouth. The staff was friendly & the business even accepts charge cards. I took advantage of the seating under the umbrella to enjoy my treat. I would most definitely return to this business!