“Great filet”

Bob's Steak & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Bob's Steak & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 4,066 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$29 - US$59
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: View
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd
Description: BOB’S STEAK AND CHOP Our Steaks Are Prime, Our Portions Big & Our Drinks Stiff. Since the opening of the first Bob’s Steak & Chop House in Dallas, Texas, in 1993, the name “Bob’s” has been synonymous with a great steakhouse experience. Building on the reputation we earned at our original Dallas location, Bob’s has opened restaurants nationwide that offer the best cuts of meat available. Each Bob’s location has its own unique personality, but all strictly uphold the same exceptional dining and service standards. We treat each customer as a VIP at every location, so you can dine with us in Dallas, San Francisco or Nashville, and feel like you are at your favorite Bob’s every time. Our combination of simple elegance, lively atmosphere, big drinks, fine wines and large cuts of the finest prime steaks, chops and seafood make Bob’s the best steakhouse in any town. It starts with our beef. Always Prime, we hand select our steaks from the top 2% of all beef. Perfectly trimmed and expertly grilled, our steaks are the best anywhere. To accompany our steaks we make every dish in house; from our famous pickles and even more famous warm loaves of bread, to all our sides and desserts. Our chefs keep it simple; no gimmicks, no list of ingredients you can’t pronounce. We don’t try to prove how smart we are, but rather how smart you are for dining at Bob’s. Bob’s Steak & Chop House has continually been recognized as one of the best steakhouses in the country, and continues to serve up the high caliber of service and steaks for which we’ve become known. Come visit us at any Bob’s location and enjoy the taste of prime beef served by people who take real pride in the name “Bob’s Steak & Chop House. ”Located in the heart of downtown Austin, Bob's Steak & Chop House is an Austin Steakhouse that offers the best. It is mere blocks from the Austin Convention Center, Austin City Limits and the State Capital. The only Bob's location to offer full dining on our luxurious roof top bar!
Reviewed 21 April 2017

Had the filet, which was cooked to perfection, lobster tail, mashed potatoes, broccoli, and this odd HUGE carrot that was cooked with cinnamon. Very crunchy, no really cooked enough. Bread was very good. Didn't care for carrot cake. It would be better if it had frosting instead of whipped cream.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

This is your basic very expensive, business-meal-oriented steakhouse. The food was good bit not special and our waiter was attentive. I did have a negative experience with a glass of wine. I tasted the wine, noted that it tasted as if it had gone bad from being opened for too many days or.simply from going bad in the bottle. The waiter then spoke with the sommelier and soon returned with a taste of wine in another glass. I tasted that wine and told the waiter it tasted just like the first wine and the waiter then told me it was the first wine in a new glass. I felt a bit insulted with that treatment and that they were trying to trick me. The waiter then asked if I would like a glass of similar wine from the same vineyard and I said that would be fine. The next wine was not spoiled and was what I expected. I assumed they would just charge me for the first wine given that the first one was spoiled and they never returned with the winelist after their substitution suggestion. Later, my colleague told me they upcharged us by about 50 percent for the second wine. He did not complain but did tell me he adjusted the tip downward accordingly!

Reviewed 3 April 2017

I am not a big fan of Bob's or Steakhouses but the rooftop bar at Bob's on Lavaca in Austin is awesome! Great vibe and views. You can eat up there barside if you want. My hubby loves Bobs so this was a great compromise! Highly recommend for happy hour or dinners before dinner!

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Decided to watch the bats and as a result we had no dinner reservations. We walked to Bob's and there were no tables available for over another hour. We lucked out and got seats at he bar. The first question asked by the bartender was , " do you want bread ".
Then they asked for a drink order. The bread was one huge yeast roll and the drinks were perfect. Bob's is noted for their steaks , but we enjoyed their chilean sea bass and shrimp scampi.
They have a very good wine list. Cocktails are expertly prepared, service is what you would want it to be, timed perfectly and not pushy.and the food was very good. Next time in town, we will be back.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Great rooftop bar with fabulous service and yummy appetizers. Loved the shrimp appetizer with remoulade sauce. Great drinks!
Enjoy!!

Been to Bob's Steak & Chop House? Share your experiences!