“Excellent food and great ambiance”
Review of Opa

Opa
Ranked #1,038 of 4,028 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 11 May 2017

This coffee/bar/restaurant really has it all.

We went for lunch on a weekday about noon and it was not crowded. Most of the patrons were having coffee drinks or breakfast. I think their lunch crowd comes in a little later.

Since it was cloudy with occasional sprinkles, we opted to eat inside. You place your order at the counter and get a number. Your food is served at your table.

The decor was eclectic and relaxed. I loved the Pandora radio music.

My husband had the lamb gyro, and I had the Dolmas plate. The gyro comes w/pita chips. It was flavorful, especially the tzatiki sauce. My Dolmas place had 6 3" rice-filled Dolmas, wonderful tzatiki sauce, and warm pita quarters. The portions were just right for lunch.

I intend to come back in the evening for live music (Thurs.-Sun). It is a very popluar place, so the parking is dicey like most places along S. Lamar. The website suggests you park at the CVS just south of the restaurant and walk.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Best thing about this place is the outdoor patio, live music. We visited for dinner & drinks. It's counter service, so be prepared to wait in line to order. Staff was was just so-so, food took about 45 minutes to come out. I had the moussaka which comes frozen from somewhere(they didn't know when I asked if it was prepared in house). It was just ok , tiny slice - all of about 5 bites.
Pita bread with my hummus plate was very hard. Definitely a better place for drinks and the atmosphere is lively.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

An adorable small Greek restaurant/coffee shop/bar. Their chai lattes are the best I have had in Austin. I had their falafel plate (best tzatziki sauce I have ever had at any restaurant EVER!!! The ambiance is very cute and comfortable with a splash of eclectic. Staff is phenomenal and very friendly. It's my new fave place in Austin!!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This Greek-oriented bar and small plate establishment on South Lamar is a haven of peace and quiet only 50 feet from the centerline of a major thoroughfare. Lots of seating, indoors and out, and excellent wifi (observed to be in use by most patrons). Good drinks, friendly service, and parking not too hard to find. Casual and hip, but excellent value for money. Two of us sought refuge while wives were shopping, and eventually the four of us passed a pleasant hour and a half.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

My wife & I both enjoy coming here. Nice small plates (Greek salads, sandwiches, etc.), shady garden with comfy chairs. Order food at the bar & they bring it outside to you (and pretty fast!) Pet friendly (but it IS Austin). Can be a very busy place inside & out, but we always have been able to find a seat. Recommended!

Been to Opa? Share your experiences!