“Best New York strip Steak in town!”

Kobe Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #859 of 4,013 Restaurants in Austin
Reviewed 24 March 2017

We've been going here for 15 years Kobe steak is wonderful if you've never tried it. It's our go to place for family events and great food. The meal is a package deal, everything is price and you don't get nickeled and dimed to death over rice, soup and salad. The management has been the same and the quality hasn't suffered after all these years. Got to go...

Reviewed 14 February 2017

First, I will say that the food is traditional hibachi. It's good, not phenomenal. If the service was at least mediocre, I would say this place is a 4/5. However, I had to remove two stars for service.

Even though other members in my party complained about the previous service of Kobe for various reasons, I really wanted hibachi and pushed to go here. I was sorry I did that!
We arrived around 6:30 on a Saturday. They don't take reservations, but we had an 8 PM show 10 minutes away - we thought we'd have enough time. They give us a buzzer and say 45 minutes. That didn't leave us much time at all - but we agreed we could be a little late for the show if they couldn't rush us through the process.
An hour later, no buzzer.
We check with the guy at the front desk and he was SO RUDE! It validated what the others in my party had talked about (that the front desk is very rude).

So, we order sushi from the bar - which was a nightmare in itself. The bartender got our order wrong, but it was too late - we had to go.

We will not be coming back here no matter what.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

Kobe is my favorite restaurant for Japanese hibachi cuisine. Be sure to ask for Chepo,who is their head chef. In addition to being a fantastic teppanyaki-style chef, he's also one of the most personable people there. I'd gone twice, and he's since remembered me. I'm usually in there a few times a month, and he always comes over for a handshake and friendly greeting each time he sees me.

The food is delicious - chicken teriyaki and steak are terrific. Always opt for the fried rice if doing the hibachi-style -- very well worth the few dollars up charge.

Reviewed 27 December 2016

The four of us ordered the hibachi ribeye steak. It had an odour when placed on the grill and tasting it, it tasted sour and not what a good cut of steak should taste like. It was also full of fat that the chef did not remove but instead cut the whole steak into large chunks too big to eat properly without a knife. Only forks were provided and chopsticks. The fried rice was greasy and awful, plus we didn't know at the time that we'd be charged extra for the fried rice - we were never asked. This is a rip off place with rip off prices. Steer clear.

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

We went here with another couple to celebrate a birthday. We have all been to this type of hibachi steakhouse before but never had a bad experience like this one.

First our chef was not friendly nor very entertaining. He actually complained about his pay and told us all of the "good cooks" go to dallas because of the pay.

Secondly there is a $3 up charge for fried rice...that is rediculous. If you choose the steamed rice it comes in a bowl and looks like Elmer's glue. My wife asked for no rice and additional vegetables and was told bluntly that was not an option... again rediculous.

Out of all of the hibachi steakhouse restaurants I've been to this is the WORST! I will never return nor recommend it to anyone. Go anywhere but here

Been to Kobe Japanese Steakhouse? Share your experiences!