“Disappointed in the $40 Filet Mignon”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 4,028 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$45 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: San Jacinto Blvd.
Transit: Both public light rail & public bus system stop two blocks away by the Convention Center & the Hilton Hotel. Amtrak stops ten blocks away near Whole Foods headquarters.
Description: Fleming's Downtown Austin, TX is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located beside the Austin Convention Center, near 6th Street, Holly, and South Congress.
Reviewed 15 February 2016

I took my wife here for Valentine's Day lunch. We were both looking forward to it and yet we came away a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the ambiance was nice, the service was very good, the sides and sauces and dessert were all excellent....but both our $40 Filet Mignons were tough. Sorry, but you should NEVER get a tough Filet @ $40 each.

Reviewed 10 February 2016

We went with the family of 10 people, no young children. It was a bit tedious at first getting the reservation understood, but after a bit, all was well. Server was casting a dubious look until I told him not to worry, we would make sure to take care of him. After that, things went superb. Drinks on time, food prepared correctly as desired, the proper amount of checking on us and staying away from us... a delicate dance he performed with aplomb. The value for the meal is perhaps a bit lacking, but the overall experience was a happy one.

Reviewed 10 February 2016

My wife and I frequent Fleming's steakhouse. The consistency is superb. The steaks are always spot on. We have eaten at many steakhouses in Austin and for the price Fleming's is hard to beat. The service is also top notch.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

Warm and classy decor set the done for a good meal. Ipad wine list was fun to explore. Nice service and excellent food. A little pricey for what you received. A little disappointed the first wine ordered was not available. With the technology they have I hope they can update their electronic list to reflect current offerings. Overall very nice

Reviewed 19 January 2016

This place was everything I heard about it and more. Food was delicious. I had the crab cakes for an appetizer (yummy, full of crab). For my entree, I had the swordfish with lobster on top... sooo good.

Been to Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar? Share your experiences!