“Wow!! So different from Austin's 6th Ave scene”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 3,742 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: San Jacinto
Description: If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Edgewater Grille. The Gulf Coast menu features lots of seafood - oysters, gulf snapper, fresh tuna, lobster, plus great prime steaks and chops. Expect a hip and high energy dining experience. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell, fried coldwater baby lobster tail, and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections.
Memphis, Tennessee
“Wow!! So different from Austin's 6th Ave scene”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

First....start with a reservation if you hope to get in this place. This a classy change from the bars and restaurants along Austin's 6th Street and just up the street from the Convention Center. From white tableclothes to a wait staff that knows their stuff, this place is a "must stop", but it won't be a cheap stop in Austin.

My guest started with the Lobster & Shrimp Bisque. He got very quiet while he slurped it down. I had the Heirloom tomato's and buffalo mozzarella salad. It was a bit disappointing as the tomato needed a few more weeks on the vine. I like green tomatos but this went a little far. We had the steamed sea bass and ahi tuna steak. Both were perfectly done. The tuna was accompanied by wasabi mashed potato...mmmm, good! We shared garlic roasted brussels sprouts that were cooked to perfection. Unfortunately we didn't leave room for dessert. Maybe next time.

The only downside is that it was a little noisey to have a quiet conversation. I heard the entire conversation between two on a first date at the table next to mine. But I'll surely be back to this place on my next visit to Austin. You should try it too!!

• Visited March 2012

Stafford, Virginia
“Most amazing food and service”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This was one of the best dinners of my life.

Went on Monday night and the place was PACKED!! We had wonderful service from Eli (the Leonardo DeCaprio/Robert DeNiro lookalike). Great wine selection. I had the crab cakes, and steak with shrimp on the side. Our group shared sides, and loved the crab fried rice, asparagus, and mac and cheese. AMAZING!!!!

Dessert was equally good. We all shared the chocolate cake, bananas foster on butter cake, and blackberry cobbler. The blackberry cobbler was my favorite.

• Visited March 2012
Austin, Texas, United States
“Possibly the nicest restaurant in Austin”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Superb food, service and atmosphere. But you may need to take out a loan to eat here, so be prepared. With a glass of wine and no dessert figure on $50 easy.

Austin, Texas
“Best Seafood in Austin”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Eddie V's is by far the best seafood restaurant in Austin. We love their crab claws and seafood apetizer tower. The raw tuna and mango apetizer is also wonderful. The mains range from fine steaks and porkchops to wonderful fresh fish selections with several nightly specials. They also have a very nice wine list. Is expensive relative to many other restaurant options in Austin, but it is well worth it for special occassions.

• Visited October 2011
Destin, Florida
“Romantic Atmosphere, Delicious food”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

My husband and I visited Eddie V's and found a quiet, dim lit, romantic restaurant with outstanding service and delicious food. We were very happy with our meal and I especially loved the molten chocolate lava cake which we had to order midway through our meal so it would be ready in time. This restaurant is very sentimental to me because my husband proposed after dinner. We will continue to return for our anniversary each year.

• Visited July 2011

Been to Eddie V's Prime Seafood? Share your experiences!