“Happy Hour on Saturday!”

Umi Sushi Bar and Grill
Ranked #740 of 4,029 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 28 October 2016

Love, love, love Umi. Great happy hour specials. The "Hot Roll" is delicious! You can sit in the dining area for a quiet, romantic experience or in the bar area to watch football and enjoy happy hour.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

Make sure to make a reservation and while waiting outside order the edamae and the peppers. They are not hot and have an amazing dipping sauce. This restaurant is an amazing discovery with unique rolls, Asian infused unique dishes and fresh ingredients. I would say this is an expensive restaurant but well worth it and the experience is memorable. I can't remember the items I ordered as they had unique names but everything was fantastic, even the dessert. This is a place worth getting the dessert everything is made in house. Enjoy

Reviewed 17 August 2016

Umi is a nicely laid out restaurant with the sushi bar in the back where it is quiet and one can appreciate the their expertise in making of the dishes. We ordered off the luncheon menu which has a great selection. We always order the garlic edamame which is for garlic lovers only. Love it! I had the yaki soba which came with a salad and great miso soup. It was almost too much. I have always had a satisfying meal at Umi. I did find the service a bit slow but nothing that would take more than a tenth of a point off.

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

Great place. Went in during happy hour and left happy. Had assorted of sushi and appetizers and enjoyed everything. Staff friendly

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I came with a group of friends on Saturday night and were excited to eat delicious sushi as we had heard good things. However, our waitress was quite slow at serving us and bringing out the food. Two peoples food would come out at a time with the last three people receiving their food after the first two had finished. While the food was good the lack of good service really left a bad taste in my mouth. Then to find out we had gratuity added into our check for being a party larger than 6 was the cherry on top.