“Great shashimi”

Ranked #1,560 of 3,872 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Awesome! This place has wonderful balances of flavors, fresh fish and excellently prepared. I go here whenever I can! Soooo good. Everything I have tried has been delicious.

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Waitresses excellent.

Kind of spendy. Service so slow I had to cancel my desert. Lack of staff clearly.

Food good.

Management needs to improve or this place is going out of business.

I'm not going back again, which is a pity as I used to like it.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

Love, love, love Umi. Great happy hour specials. The "Hot Roll" is delicious! You can sit in the dining area for a quiet, romantic experience or in the bar area to watch football and enjoy happy hour.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

Make sure to make a reservation and while waiting outside order the edamae and the peppers. They are not hot and have an amazing dipping sauce. This restaurant is an amazing discovery with unique rolls, Asian infused unique dishes and fresh ingredients. I would say this is an expensive restaurant but well worth it and the experience is memorable. I can't remember the items I ordered as they had unique names but everything was fantastic, even the dessert. This is a place worth getting the dessert everything is made in house. Enjoy

Reviewed 17 August 2016

Umi is a nicely laid out restaurant with the sushi bar in the back where it is quiet and one can appreciate the their expertise in making of the dishes. We ordered off the luncheon menu which has a great selection. We always order the garlic edamame which is for garlic lovers only. Love it! I had the yaki soba which came with a salad and great miso soup. It was almost too much. I have always had a satisfying meal at Umi. I did find the service a bit slow but nothing that would take more than a tenth of a point off.

Been to Umi Sushi Bar and Grill? Share your experiences!