“Horrible service not worth good food ”

Umi Sushi Bar and Grill
Ranked #730 of 3,971 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Four adults and two toddlers had pretty decent food for the price but we'll never go back due to horrible service. Not sure if it's due to there only being one waitress for Sunday night or her ignorance of the menu offerings or just bad communication between her and kitchen but had to ask for our missing salads and other things like the California rolls that were missing from the bento dinner... Just realized the sauce for the tempura was missing too!

The only reason we decide to try this place was because it was one of the very few Japanese restaurants open on Sunday. Eat Japanese food on a Saturday so you don't have to go here.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I asked for the combo and it was ok but i ll recomend you to ask for a mor exotic and tasty. Combo is good if you just want to.calm your hunger cause it came with a little salad and a nice soup.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Umi has been my favorite sushi place in Austin for over 10 years. The portions are large, the variety and quality are great, and the prices are much better than other similar Sushi restaurants.
My family and I went to a birthday dinner last week. The very young waitress, accompanied by a trainee, seemed distracted and resentful of our requests. Someone had to get up and grab silverware from the entrance after requesting a fork.. twice! She seemed more interested in selling us the fresh wasabi, for a $3.00 surcharge, than she was in providing drink refills.
It was really a shame, because this place has always been so great in the past, but the bad service cast a negative shadow over what was otherwise a great meal..

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Good place to enjoy quality sushi. Staff is good. Their pineapple sake is on point! They have 2 times for happy hour which includes rolls at half price if your conscientious of budgeting.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Awesome! This place has wonderful balances of flavors, fresh fish and excellently prepared. I go here whenever I can! Soooo good. Everything I have tried has been delicious.

Been to Umi Sushi Bar and Grill? Share your experiences!