“Great food, excellent service, wonderful atmosphere!”

Manuel's Great Hills
Reserve with OpenTable
Manuel's Great Hills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #265 of 3,992 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: For more than 30 years Manuel's has thrived in Austin, Texas, delighting local residents, politicos, musicians, students, and our favorite grandmothers. From the farm to the sea, we harvest local and natural ingredients to create food that is infused with a deep collection of flavors, and steeped in tradition. From our award-winning mole to our famous margaritas, we aspire to transport our guests to a place of timeless satisfaction.
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Manuel's is one of my two favorite Mexican restaurants in Austin. I've been to this location at least a dozen times and I can remember only once when things were a bit off. The flavors of the food are wonderful, and presentation on the plates is nice, too. The kids love the lime-aid, and the adults have no complaints with the margaritas. The mushroom appetizer is a favorite. The patio has plenty of shade and can be a nice place to enjoy your meal.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Manuel's is definitely a nice place to go. Interior is attractive and service is impeccable. It has a great reputation for superior interior Mexican food. While I don't quibble with the quality of the ingredients, I just don't see the lure. Food was good. Not spectacular, but good. Not so good that I would make an effort to come back, although the Bloody Mary was superb. Grinch that I am, I found the live music distracting for Sunday brunch, so if I do go back, it won't be then.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

We were in the mood for enchiladas, and since this was a place we liked to go to, it made perfect sense to get them here. My fiancée went for the pork variety with the verde sauce, but I decided to go off menu a bit. My favorite dish is cheese enchiladas covered in queso, and our server Parker said he could make that happen. And since we’d started out with an appetizer of queso, there was some cheese heaven going on.

Normally we’re coming on time where there could be a lot of other patrons, so we’d gotten in the habit of making a reservation ahead of time. This night, we timed it right as there was no wait and hardly anyone there for dinner. As usual, the place was always clean, the food good, and service friendly.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

We had on early lunch on Saturday and the place was almost empty. The menu has steak and chicken breast choices, as well as vegetarian enchiladas. Black beans accompany most entrees. The rice is white with carrots and maybe onions but not much seasoning.
The service was very nice. I also loved that the have cloth napkins!

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

This is. It inexpensive Mexican fare. The chips and salsa are some of my favorite. The sales needs a straw or is so good.

I usually get the tostada capitalinas. It is two large tostadas with guacamole on it. Really tasty. The chees chili relleno is also really good.

My wife usually gets the Flautas. The flan is the best you will ever get. Excellent food.