“Lunch with Zest”

Manuel's Great Hills
Reserve with OpenTable
Manuel's Great Hills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #258 of 4,067 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: For more than 30 years Manuel's has thrived in Austin, Texas, delighting local residents, politicos, musicians, students, and our favorite grandmothers. From the farm to the sea, we harvest local and natural ingredients to create food that is infused with a deep collection of flavors, and steeped in tradition. From our award-winning mole to our famous margaritas, we aspire to transport our guests to a place of timeless satisfaction.
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Enchiladas verdes filled with spinach and some onions were delicious at lunch. Comes with chips/salsa, rice and black beans for $12.
Excellent and we sat outside on the patio, nice breeze, beautiful oak trees.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Fantastic traditional dishes with great service. My favorite items are the steak fajitas and the chicken flautas.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

It was a happy coincidence that I dined here on National Tequila Day. Enjoyed a skinny cucumber margarita to top of the day.

They are well recognized for their mole which is delicious. I had it in an appetizer with white cheese and chicken served with tortillas. Very tasty.

The service is never great here, but the food so good that I just let it slide.

Good happy hour with half price apps (some of which can be small meal size) and $2 off drinks.

1  Thank Ashley L
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Manuel's is one of my two favorite Mexican restaurants in Austin. I've been to this location at least a dozen times and I can remember only once when things were a bit off. The flavors of the food are wonderful, and presentation on the plates is nice, too. The kids love the lime-aid, and the adults have no complaints with the margaritas. The mushroom appetizer is a favorite. The patio has plenty of shade and can be a nice place to enjoy your meal.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Manuel's is definitely a nice place to go. Interior is attractive and service is impeccable. It has a great reputation for superior interior Mexican food. While I don't quibble with the quality of the ingredients, I just don't see the lure. Food was good. Not spectacular, but good. Not so good that I would make an effort to come back, although the Bloody Mary was superb. Grinch that I am, I found the live music distracting for Sunday brunch, so if I do go back, it won't be then.