“Delicious bbq without the long drive”
Review of Mann's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mann's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing!!! I judge a place on its moist brisket and ribs. The brisket here has a deep smokiness that only enhances it's buttery fattiness. The pork ribs are among the best I've ever had, and I've had em all over the state. They are fall off the bone tender, smokey, and a touch sweet. Then there's the sauce. It has a richness that accommodates their smoke perfectly. The guy cutting the meat is always friendly and accommodating as are the test of the staff. It's a cozy place that, even from outside, emits a warmth that feels very welcoming. This truly is one of Austin little known gems.

2  Thank JoshAlmighty

Open 11AM - 3PM Weekdays

They do catering!

3  Thank Garth M
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I was traveling on business with a guy named Mann so we just had to try this place. We're glad we did! The place isn't much to look at, but the food and service were great. The pulled pork was very good, the mac and cheese was excellent, and the brownies were the best I've had. Prices were very reasonable, too. We tried going back for dinner, but they were closed.

1  Thank rirri
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

We stopped at mann's on our way from the airport to our hotel for some late BBQ lunch. We arrived about 2 pm, and they were out of beef ribs, turkey, and chicken. No worry, they had plenty of brisket, pork ribs, and sausage.

I had one of there lunch specials, a baked potato stuffed with chopped brisket in BBQ sauce, with a side and tea for $7. While not classic Texas BBQ, it was excellent. My coworker had another one of their lunch specials that included pork ribs, and a brisket sandwich, with sides for about $10.

Overall, the food was quite good and very reasonable priced. The employees were also very friendly and were happy to help us navigate their specials and chances to get a free meals (trivia questions, etc...).

Reviewed 8 October 2012

This place used to be packed for lunch but sadly not any longer. I had a craving for one of their sausage links and went to get one, to go. They are big links, like doulbe and about 8" long. I asked for half a link by the pound. Half a sausage link by the pound came to $9.99. THe going price for the same thing at top notch BBQ places in Austin is half that price, even a little less. Now I know why the place is empty. The person selling it to me said that it was because of the quality of meat they use. I call B.S. They are raising their prices and their customers are going elsewhere. This is really sad, I used to be a big fan.