“Some of the best brisket I have eaten in 30 years.”
Review of Mann's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mann's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue
Reviewed 3 October 2014

On a recent trip to Austin, I called my cousin (who lives there) to ask where he would recommend that we eat. He told me that Mann's barbeque was awesome, and he was right! When you order brisket, they ask if you want it dry or moist. I knew right away that they knew what they were doing! I ordered the moist, and the brisket was some of the best that I have ever eaten. The building doesn't look like much from the outside, but it has very good brisket. It is located about 1/2 mile west of I-35 on Hwy 183. If you are looking for good brisket, you will definitely find it here.

1  Thank Dwightfranklin1

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

They always have multiple specials. I got some kinda brisket sandwich special with a side and sweet tea for under 10$. Delicious and perfectly filling. And as always, came with a complimentary brownie. Try this place. Soon.

2  Thank JoshAlmighty
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing!!! I judge a place on its moist brisket and ribs. The brisket here has a deep smokiness that only enhances it's buttery fattiness. The pork ribs are among the best I've ever had, and I've had em all over the state. They are fall off the bone tender, smokey, and a touch sweet. Then there's the sauce. It has a richness that accommodates their smoke perfectly. The guy cutting the meat is always friendly and accommodating as are the test of the staff. It's a cozy place that, even from outside, emits a warmth that feels very welcoming. This truly is one of Austin little known gems.

2  Thank JoshAlmighty

Open 11AM - 3PM Weekdays

They do catering!

3  Thank Garth M
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I was traveling on business with a guy named Mann so we just had to try this place. We're glad we did! The place isn't much to look at, but the food and service were great. The pulled pork was very good, the mac and cheese was excellent, and the brownies were the best I've had. Prices were very reasonable, too. We tried going back for dinner, but they were closed.

1  Thank rirri