“Good honest food”

Mann's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue
Reviewed 4 June 2015

Mann's is open only for weekday lunch. They have a GREAT selection. 4 of us went recently and sampled 6 meats and several sides, plus peach and blackberry cobbler. Is it "the best"...probably not. But it is VERY good. Probably the best meat we had was the pork rib. I would definitey have that again. Chicken, brisket, pulled pork, and sausage all was good (we didn't get spicy sausage, but I'd like to try it). They have a BUNCH of lunch specials, including BBQ over a baked potato -- even a palo special over a sweet potato. LOTS of sides to choose from (not just beans, slaw, potato salad). Cobbler was good; they warmed it for me & brough it out in time for dessert. Service was very friendly. Also -- the location is convenient enough that I'll go again next time I'm in Austin and need a weekday lunch.

Reviewed 3 October 2014

On a recent trip to Austin, I called my cousin (who lives there) to ask where he would recommend that we eat. He told me that Mann's barbeque was awesome, and he was right! When you order brisket, they ask if you want it dry or moist. I knew right away that they knew what they were doing! I ordered the moist, and the brisket was some of the best that I have ever eaten. The building doesn't look like much from the outside, but it has very good brisket. It is located about 1/2 mile west of I-35 on Hwy 183. If you are looking for good brisket, you will definitely find it here.

1  Thank Dwightfranklin1
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

They always have multiple specials. I got some kinda brisket sandwich special with a side and sweet tea for under 10$. Delicious and perfectly filling. And as always, came with a complimentary brownie. Try this place. Soon.

2  Thank JoshAlmighty
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing!!! I judge a place on its moist brisket and ribs. The brisket here has a deep smokiness that only enhances it's buttery fattiness. The pork ribs are among the best I've ever had, and I've had em all over the state. They are fall off the bone tender, smokey, and a touch sweet. Then there's the sauce. It has a richness that accommodates their smoke perfectly. The guy cutting the meat is always friendly and accommodating as are the test of the staff. It's a cozy place that, even from outside, emits a warmth that feels very welcoming. This truly is one of Austin little known gems.

2  Thank JoshAlmighty