See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 August 2010

My husband and I searched for many placed to get married. On September 5, 2004 we were married at the Rowells Inn in Simmonsville VT. Mike and Susan, the hosts, are the nicest people you might ever meet. They planned a small reception for my family, and it was everything I dreamed my wedding could be.
We go back every year for our anniversary, and sometimes Valentine's day, as well. We stay on the third floor (though every once in awhile we will stay on the second floor, so we can use the fireplace)
The food is exceptional. I HIGHLY recommend this B&B. You won't find a more hospitable place anywhere in VT. The history of the Inn is awesome, and it is inviting and very cozy. Whether you are spending the night, planning a ceremony, or weekend getaway. This is the place to go.

Date of stay: September 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2009

The good: Rowell's Inn has quite a history and scattered about the inn are old and interesting ledgers, novels, guest books and photos. Mike, the innkeeper is friendly and accomadating. The breakfast was good and plentiful, definately not a continental breakfast but a hearty, made fresh breakfast. On the weekend the owner/chef also has dinner, which many of the locals come for. The beds are comfortable with pillow top mattresses.

The bad: Unfortunately Rowell's looses some of it's charm secondary to a lack of attention to detail. The rooms were a dusty in the low traffic areas, cobwebs in the window corners, peeling paint, etc.

Date of stay: May 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank HH_in_AZ
Reviewed 4 February 2007

Just back from a 3 night stay at Rowells Inn with my best friend (of 28 years). Wanted a girl's getaway weekend with the focus on R&R. Had a fabulous time at Rowells. The innkeepers, Mike and Susan, were so warm, hospitable, and gracious. Our stay began with a brief historical tour by Mike who shared the stories and artifacts in the inn which dates back to the 1800's and was once a stagecoach stop. The rooms are quaint and all have private bath. The food is fabulous and on Friday nights the public is welcome for dinner so it is lively and you get a chance to meet some locals. The cozy fires, board games, wine and pleasant conversation made for a memorable weekend. Okemo Mountain is a short drive away if you're a skier. Perfect for a romantic getaway, family reunion (not young children, however), or friend's getaway. Would definitely go back any time of the year! Thank you!!!!

Date of stay: February 2007