“Pretty good lunch”

Burtons Grill & Bar
Ranked #108 of 832 Restaurants in Alexandria
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

Had our organizational holiday party here yesterday — very good lunch! I had a Rueben with fries — excellent! The sandwich was so big that I had to eat it with a knife and fork. Our server, Brittany, was friendly, prompt and knowledgeable: I recommend requesting her if you visit. There were 20 in our party and the restaurant accommodated is without any trouble. I’ll be visiting again.....

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Went for late lunch with a few friends. The restaurant was quiet on a weekday afternoon. I prefer vegetarian food and was pleased that there were several options to choose from. The vegetarian risotto with wild mushrooms was very good. There are two sizes to choose from. I opted for the large portion and had no trouble finishing it. Friends had the Mediterranean risotto, a cheeseburger with fries, and a wedge salad. Everyone was pleased with their food choices. The menu was varied and works well for different palates. The soup choices were limited to just chili. It would have been nice to have several options as soup is warming on a cold day and since I do not eat beef, the chili was not something I would order. And the dessert choices are limited as well with one daily changeable dessert and only one or two other dessert choices offered. Aside from that the food was definitely good and I would definitely return to the restaurant again. We did have very good and prompt service but the restaurant was not that busy so not sure how the service would be had the place been crowded. Also, the restaurant is very in tune with food allergies and even offered us a gluten free menu if we needed which we did not. The ambiance seems nice in the restaurant. All in all, our experience was positive. Our friends had been to the restaurant before and said that some of their salads do not have much or any lettuce unless you ask for it. I found that strange and decided not to opt for a salad. Perhaps the restaurant could describe the food better in their descriptions so that you know what the ingredients are. Otherwise, this is a good place to eat a nice, quiet lunch.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Lunch was nice. Food was good. Make sure to try the cauliflower appetizer. The cobb salad was fresh and good flavor.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

The food was good, fresh and the menu found something for everyone. We were a little disappointed that one of the soups our waiter offered actually wasn't available but that's what happens at a "scratch" kitchen.

Three of the 4 of us selected one of the many risotto dishes including the 9oz fresh catch (we felt went a little lite on the portion of risotto), the Mediterranean chicken risotto which my husband said was VERY good and I had the wild mushroom risotto that was VERY good as well. The risotto hold out of the party had the super food salad with shrimp which she said was good.

They have a good selection of wine and beer choices including Allagash White and Fairwinds Gail.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

This is our third time here and the best experience. Not too busy on a early Sunday evening for dinner. Consistency is important in a restaurant and it's been consistently good. First time we tried the fried cauliflower and it was fantastic! All of us enjoyed our dishes and drinks the filets were cooked exactly as ordered. Attentive efficient service and nicely prepared drinks capped off a very enjoyable dinner experience. We'll be back again.