“Great beer choices”
Review of Lost Dog Cafe

Lost Dog Cafe
Ranked #117 of 830 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Description: Great Pizza, Hot Sandwiches, and Craft Beer. Know as a place to get great food at a great price, the cafe also serves a hefty slice of compassion with each pizza. Since 2001, the Lost Dog ans Cat Rescue Foundation has saved the lives of over 18,000 dogs and cats, helping them connect with loving families and forever homes.
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Stopped in on a busy night and was very pleased with the service. We sat at the bar so not sure of how wait staff did but bartender was very attentive. Pizza was good, wouldn’t say great. But a very diverse beer selection.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

They make very good sandwiches at a reasonable price. The best sandwiches are those served on pita bread.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went here Oct 4, a Wed night. It was not crowded.
I have been wanting to try this place because they have gluten free pizza and kaiser rolls (Udi's), and a good GF pizza is hard to find.

My pizza was ridiculously expensive for an individual size with 1 topping. The crust was thin and very chewy and the pizza had been left in the oven too long. There was very little sauce and cheese compared to other pizza places. I was very unhappy with it.

My husband had a sandwich on a regular wheat roll and said it was OK.

The worst part of the experience was when I looked out the window right after we got our food and saw our "waitress" walking out of the restaurant carrying her keys and walking off up Rt 1. She never came back and no one covered her table.

There was one other server on duty, but he ignored us. My husband finally had to go to the bar, tell the bartender the waitress had left the restaurant, and ask for our check. The staff didn't even know she had left. Not sure there was a manager on duty.

I do not recommend this location because of that terrible service and total lack of management there.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Excellent choice of draft beer. The pizza is excellent. Very relaxed atmosphere. The service is great. Bartender very knowledgeable about the various beer and ver friendly.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Soooo many choices of sandwiches and pizzas. I got a turkey sandwich and it was spectacular! Great gluten free roll. Tasty sandwiches. My friend got the pizza not gluten free. Wish there was one around me.