All reviews old town alexandria king street boutique hotel small hotel corner room favorite hotel the entire staff valet parking street parking room was clean and comfortable shops and restaurants dc area happy hour free trolley kimpton turndown metro
Reviewed 24 July 2018

My girlfriend and I stayed overnight to celebrate out anniversary. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable of the amenities and the local area. Tim checked us in and overhead us talking about out anniversary and surprised us by arranging a complimentary treat delivered to our room. We had a long size bed that was amazingly comfortable and far fluffy pillows. Our room was spacious and clean and very comfortable. We were amazed to find such a great hotel hidden right inside Old Town and delighted to find so much available within walking distance. If you are looking for first class Marriott experience with the charm of an inn or bed and breakfast we definitely recommend Morrison House.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christopherford1177
Reviewed 9 July 2018

There's a lot I like about this hotel, but it doesn't stand up to its price point. Some simple changes could push it there and make me feel better about spending the kind of rate the Morrison House charges.

The good:
Great location and terrific staff. They are attentive and polite.
I love that the hotel feels intimate. It's small, but still has great amenities: coffee service, bar, restaurant (with good food), meeting room.
The rooms are well appointed and are a good size.
Pet friendly.

The bad:
I've arrived a couple of times to rooms that smell musty. When I asked to change, the staff was very accommodating and the new room smelled better. But no rooom should have that smell, especially at this price point.
I've stayed here three times and all three times the room phone did not work. I had told the staff the first two times, but the problem had not been resolved even by my third stay. I would think this could be a liability in case of an emergency.
No gym, but there is access to a gym a few blocks away.

Small changes could make a big difference in this property. I'm hoping the management will take advantage of the opportunity to live up to its price point and purported standard.The Morrison House would then become my favorite spot in Alexandria, one worthy of a five rating.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank onthegogo
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

I love this place! I wanted a quiet old town hotel near everything to celebrate our anniversary. After looking for months I chose the Morrison House—it did not disappoint! The staff are awesome-so very helpful-always willing to go the extra mile! Breakfast is great and served from 7-11am each day which we loved! If you are looking for a great experience I highly recommend the Morrison House-Sam and Tim were Awesome!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2018

I planned a Board Retreat for an Organization that I serve and I could not have been happier with the result. The other Board members raved about the accommodations. The Meeting room was ideal for our purpose and the food was extraordinary.

This is not your typical hotel, it is a very small, very imitate boutique hotel. If you crave a big box experience, this is NOT the place for you. If you are looking for a unique location chocked full of charm, this is the place for you

Room Tip: Pay for a deluxe room, Standards are all "Garden Level".
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank JBClark
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel has all the potential to be great, but the fall short. We checked in while they were having a system outage and the poor kid working the front desk had no idea what to do. Every time we turned around there was some other ramification as a result of the outage that should have been articulated up front.

They also had construction going on so there was noise and some obvious signs like cardboard lining the elevator.

Again the rooms have the potential to be great but it’s missing the little touches. The paint is chipped in a lot of places, the radiator looks like it’s falling off the wall. My room had been updated but then had a VERY dated shower and toilet.

They just fell short at almost every juncture which is truly a shame.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank DaisyDot24
Daniel T, Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

DaisyDot24,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your stay. I apologize you didn't have a positive experience. Our hotel experienced an outage not caused directly on property, these things happen at times and our team is trained to handle the challenge. We are renovating our hotel to provide a better stay, protecting the property by lining it with construction grade materials is what was recommended by our contractors. We hope to host you again soon!