All reviews free parking metro station yogurt ballston area free breakfast choice hotels within walking distance fridge and microwave stay there again rooms are clean hot items minute walk we've stayed the breakfast area convenient location room was large donuts
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

We chose the Comfort Inn based on location, free shuttle to the Metro, and Trip Advisor reviews. Win, win all the way around! We were there for five quiet, comfortable nights on the 3rd floor overlooking the parking lot (may have been 337?). The breakfast was good (& crowded), and the free shuttle left promptly at 10:00 each morning we were there. Thanks to my husband’s thorough research, we purchased senior Metro passes at the Commuter Store upstairs by the escalators at the Ballston MU Metro station, saving us several dollars. The Metro is easy to maneuver, & then we returned to wait only a few minutes for the free shuttle back to the hotel, which runs on the hour morning and evening hours. I think the most important thing is this: our car never left the covered garage the entire time we were there, thanks to the hotel’s perfect location near the Metro & near Uncle Julio”s yummy Mexican restaurant.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank JGHM2014
Reviewed 11 May 2018

This hotel had everything I was looking for when I was booking a last minute trip to D.C.
1. It was clean, which is always a good priority.
2. It was close to D.C. We actually drove into DC and paid for parking (as a family of 4 we thought it would be easier). We didn't have any problems doing this.
3. It was a great price! Plus it included free parking and free breakfast (it was crowded at breakfast time, but nothing to complain about).

If you are looking for a clean, close, cheap hotel in the DC area, this is it! Was it a 5 star hotel? No, but I wasn't paying 5 star prices by a long shot either...Definitely recommend this one!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank jkdurham
Reviewed 11 May 2018

Stayed for three nights in May, 2018. The hotel was in the perfect spot for our trip as we were visiting a friend that lives near by. Our king room was huge with a nice couch/sitting area. Everything was clean. There are a few things in need of upgrade but overall better than average. Bathroom was small but adequate. Bed was comfortable. Free parking and breakfast were a bonus. Breakfast was average for a mid-priced hotel, but good with the usual fare - make your own waffles, eggs, sausage and other pastries. The hotel is on a busy intersection, so we were glad to have a room facing the parking area behind the hotel. Would stay here again, price was reasonable for DC and you can't beat free parking on top of that!

Room tip: Quiet rooms face the back of the building away from Glebe Road
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2018

My wife and I spent two nights while attending a family gathering in Arlington. I liked the helpful staff, free on-site parking, clean and quiet rooms, excellent location, acceptable free breakfast, and fair price. I will stay here again

2  Thank dan B
Reviewed 16 April 2018

This is the third time we've stayed at this Comfort Inn. For our purposes, it is a perfect location. The rooms are clean, the staff is very kind. Beds are super comfortable and there is plenty of space in the basic room. I have never one time had an issue or a problem here. I rarely hear other guests, above or below-- or even, really in the hallways. The breakfast is standard continental with a hot egg and bacon option and waffle makers. Coffee is good, and I especially enjoyed the lemon water dispenser in the lobby. Parking is as tight as one would expect in a large city, but it is free, and there was always a spot available. You could pay a lot more for a room, but this place really fulfills most tourist needs.

• Trip type: Travelled with family