Highlander Motel
US$79
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$98
AscendHotels
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

US$68
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

Key Bridge Marriott(Arlington)
US$118
Marriott Hotels
US$119
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

US$98
US$90
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

Hyatt Centric Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$126
US$146
US$134
ClarionHotels
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$118
Hotels.com
Americana Hotel(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$81
All reviewsvirginia squaredonutscontinental breakfastyogurtel pollo ricofree parkingmetro stationsafe neighborhoodorange linedc areacream cheeseroom was cleanshort walkmini fridgesink areaconvenient locationwould stay again
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

The 'motel' in the name says it all. Clean, but an older building & very low water pressure. Their continental breakfast leaves much to be desired. The beds are doubles, not queens. Doesn't feel like a safe neighborhood so I wouldn't bring young kids here.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Very clean and comfortable. Amazingly priced for the area. So close to metro and great restaurants. Even a little breakfast in the lobby with coffee and pastries. Reminded me of the type of motels I stayed in as a kid. A gem of a find.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Nsclark
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Pluses
Good location. Close to Metro station, just 15 minutes to downtown.
Good price
Close to a number of restaurants, 7-11 convenience store
Bathroom recently remodeled. Tub replaced with nice, big shower. Plenty of hot water
Comfortable bed
Friendly staff
Good TV with plenty of cable stations
Refrigerator
small breakfast - coffee, OJ, muffins, croissants, donuts

Minuses
Terrible wireless internet. They say that they improved the system in the past year, but I can only imagine how awful it must have been if this is improved. How bad? Well at 3:00 AM it took 2 minutes to load Facebook. However, I am not sure that the problem is at the Motel’s side, but instead it might be with their Internet Service Provider. In any case, it really colored my opinion. If you have phone internet, then this doesn’t matter.

Next door there were small children that would shriek at all hours of the day and night. When my wife called the office near midnight to complain, they said ‘There is nothing I can do’. My wife knocked on the door and told them to be quiet and that helped. I wonder if this family lives there. We were there 9 days and they were there when we arrived.

Our room was not cleaned for several days. One day was our fault since we inadvertently switched on the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign. But we corrected that and the room was not cleaned for several more days. We finally complained and the office was horrified that it happened. It was corrected that day.

The room door only has a simple bathroom type lock, providing no real security. I can understand not upgrading to a key card system, but a good deadbolt lock is the minimum that the door should have.

Minor items
There was never a spare roll of toilet paper in the bathroom. I twice had to go to the office to get a new roll.

The light switch to the bathroom is outside the bathroom and in an awkward position. I can’t really figure out why it was ever put in that location.

The toilet has a seat but not a seat cover. Bad sanitation.

When looking for a roll of toilet paper, I opened the vanity cupboard door and it almost fell off since one of the hinges was not connected.

The nightstand drawer handle was not attached.

One day I thought I saw the start of mold on my croissant.

Sink drained very slowly

Conclusion
If the internet was adequate, my rating would have been one level higher. The positives outweigh the negatives. They need to pay more attention to little things and do something about the internet. Would I stay here again? For maybe one or two days, I might go elsewhere, but for a longer stay, the lower price and convenient location make this a place I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bigtyke
Reviewed 20 October 2017

We were looking for a room for one night, near Arlington, that wouldn't break the bank when I stumbled upon the Highlander Motel. Honestly, for the price, it can't be beat. It offers free wi-fi, parking and continental breakfast.
The hotel is completely non-smoking now, which I personally prefer. Our spacious room featured two queen size beds and a refrigerator as well as a relatively large flat screen television.
The sink is outside of the toilet/shower area. The bathroom appears to be relatively recently remodeled. Glass sliding doors on the shower, tile on the floor. No mildew to be seen anywhere.
Breakfast had quite the variety with bagels, huge muffins, croissants, fresh fruit and yogurt.
The road noise was definitely apparent, but it really was not loud at night. Just once the traffic started up in the morning, and that wasn't until after 7:30 am.
The room came with two complete sets of towels, which were decent in size and quality, soap and shampoo, but no conditioner if that is something that you would need/use.
There was no hair dryer, but when I asked at the office, the attendant was more than happy to give me one for my use, and I was only asked to leave it in the room for housekeeping after my check out.
We were able to walk to a nearby restaurant without any issues, and we felt perfectly comfortable with leaving our car parked in the front parking lot. And, the hotel was very easy to find and access from the street.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights, on september. The last day I made two allergic reactions to the thighs by plates of 5 cm red diameter! I consulted a doctor on my return to France who diagnosed me with an allergy following bed bug bites!

In short, here is the following of the opinion: Spacious room but with view on the clearing of the motel.

Very small double bed for two ... old furniture. During the stay we had to gather our belongings, put them away as the furniture had to be changed. Furniture unchanged when we left ... Also the room smelled of moisture as soon as we arrived.

Breakfast simple, little choice. Breakfast which can be taken from 7am to 11am. We took it belatedly one morning (9am), there was very little food left ... No room to take it. We had breakfast on the desk in our room.

WIFI which works with difficulty.

On the other hand, friendly staff. Motel very close to 2 subway stations (clarenton and virginia square).

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charline H
highlandermotel, Manager at Highlander Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

If it was bed bugs they would not wait 4 days to bite you. maybe you were allergic to the detergent. the front desk is open 24 hours a day any problems call the front desk
so we can fix it to make your stay better.WE have yogurt and all breakfast items on premise just ask the desk clerk for more. we have two chairs and a couch to sit on in the lobby area . All of our beds are full size extra long, with two beds in all the room. We are now a non smoking facility and all rooms have new furniture, carpet and paint.
Thanks for your input as this is how we grow.