“A place for people who do not know good food,”
Review of Copperwood Tavern

Copperwood Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Copperwood Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 954 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Copperwood Tavern we aim to give our customers an enjoyable and memorable dining experience. We chose to be a Farm-to-Table restaurant because it represents the freshest product available. We take pride in offering the freshest quality dishes by serving locally sourced meats, seafood, and produce. We are supporting the local farmers and economy and it's our passion to teach people how much better fresh and natural food can be. Copperwood Tavern offers 20 draft beers, 30 small-batch whiskeys, and a superb wine selection. Our 30-foot craft bar is also stocked with southern Virginia's white whiskey. Yes, we mean moonshine! Since a woodsy retreat wouldn't be complete without a loyal hunting companion, we encourage you to bring Fido along. Copperwood Tavern features a dog-friendly patio with custom copper dog bowls.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have eaten at cafeterias that serve better food. Even the chow hall in the military serves better, I would recommend this place for people who like to also eat at McDonalds

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ok, I just had an appetizer and a beer, but I was really impressed by the place and the service. The braised ribs were amazing. Everything looked really good. I'm glad I stumbled upon this place. Highly Recommended, yes!

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

This was my second visit to Copperwood, and it didn’t disappoint. We arrived at 6:30 (after traveling 20 miles to get there) thinking we’d sit at the bar and try out the bar menu. The place was packed! We were very fortunate to snag a table in the bar area (no reservation required). I tried one of their signature drinks (the Commonwealth Mule) & loved it. My partner got a draft Wild Wolf Blonde Honey from a VA brewery which was so good we’re making plans to visit the brewery (near Charlottesville). We had the fried green tomatoes as an appetizer (I just saw the movie again recently- one of my favs) & they were great. I got the rockfish again because I loved it so much last time - still excellent! My partner ordered off the bar menu (grilled cheese & short ribs) - his 2 favorite things... he enjoyed & the fries delighted as well. My sister is visiting in 2 weeks & we’ve already reserved a booth :-). Other pluses- the tables area is roomy, and the noise level is good.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

I visited Copperwood at Shirlington Village and is very happy I did that for lunch. It was after 2 but many tables outside were occupied. My nephew and I sat in the bar area. The staff were quite busy but all were helping each other. I love the interior decoration. Places are spacious with high ceiling. The meat cooked just what we ordered. Great place for lunch if you are in the area.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Sat outside as inside was very loud. Nice place to people watch. Tables were not cleaned very well. We had a new waiter who was quite nervous but very good. The popcorn is amazing and loved the mini corn bread muffins. Salad had very little dressing. Alcohol was skimpy for price. Dad got a southern comfort on rocks and was lucky to get two shots in a glass. Loved the multi colored duck eggs for Easter. Filet cooked well and very tender. Mac and cheese was excellent. Overall good but wouldn’t go out of my way with so many other options.