“Who's in charge of this chaos??”

Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Have to vent...Just checked into the Hilton Homewood Suites Dulles North.
After a long early 4.5 hour drive up this morning and a fantastically productive day with our channel partners, I wait 20 minutes for the front desk clerk to clear a billing issue with the one and only person in front of me in line. She does acknowledge me and tells me she'll be right with me, but then I'm still standing there five minutes later. So... I go get a beer from the bar - it's happy hour and beer is free - why not? I come back to the front desk with beer in hand and ten minutes later the clerk, still mired in the issue, hasn't called for backup. I'd use the digital key on my Hilton android app, but apparently I have to see the front desk before they'll send an activation code. So much for the IoT.
I finally butt in and ask her to approve my digital key. She does and I get to the room. I sit down with my beer just in time for the hallway to ring with the sound of a commercial vacuum cleaner. 1) It's loud. 2) They are banging it into everything, including (this is when I almost lost it) my door. They move on down the hall, maybe ten feet, and it stops. Thank god.
Oh.
Wait.
Now, they need to talk with their management on the walkie. In a loud voice. With the radio at a VERY high volume. THIS...this is where I lose it. It takes me a few short moments to reapply the legal definition of adequate public attire and storm into the hall. But, by this time the offender has moved off, around the corner, resuming their loud pedantic sweep for dust.
But wait! There beside me is their lifeline! The offending machinery's power cord is plugged into an outlet on MY side of the corner! Needless to say, their "power" to annoy me was immediately interrupted and before they could identify the source of the disconnect - a hotel door was loudly slammed shut.
10 minutes later beyond that violent act, I end this rant with a slight smile on my lips as the offending noise has yet to reappear.
God, grant me the serenity....

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Tammy A, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your your experience with us. I was made aware after the fact of your wait time. Unfortunately, I am not sure why there was a issue with the digital lock, however, I have checked on this and everything seems to be up and running.
My agent, stated that she was a bit overwhelmed and should have called a person from next door to assist. She mistook the time the time after you got the "beer" and were speaking with the gentlemen that were in line as you were fine. She did state that she acknowledged you. I have informed her, moving forward, that she needs to call and get someone to assist if needed.

I am terribly sorry that our vacuuming of the hallways bothered you. There was no intentions of bothering anyone, they were just doing their jobs. I understand, you felt it was too late. I am sorry for that. I will be sure to follow up and remind them about the radio etiquette as well.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Property seems a bit run down. Bathroom / Shower old. Staff was all pleasant. The complimentary breakfast was very good as was the evening meal. I would have rated this location higher but due to the age and condition of the property it was did not deserve a higher rating. In addition the exterior pool area near the grilling stations were covered in cigarette butts, disgusting !

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Tammy A, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our property is getting ready for some updates later this winter. This will include the Lodge/rooms and the patio area.
We look forward to you coming back and giving us another try!!!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

The Homewood Suites are right next door to Embassy suites. You can actually cross from one place to the other without leaving the building. Stayed here for one night. Good sleep, but nothing really to remember, that would make me to go back here on one of my next trips to Dulles / D.C. area. There is another Homewood in the area, which I found much more customer friendly - but as already mentioned - just one night here... There is one thing I did not like - fruits for breakfast looked terrible. In that case it would be better probably not to serve any fruits at all...

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Tammy A, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry that we didn't exceed your expectations. I will work with our F&B team in regards to making things are good before we are setting them out front for our guests.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

This hotel was in a good location for us and easy to get to. We had a clean room with plenty of space, a nice little kitchen and sitting area. It was nice to spread out a bit. Rates were decent the first night, but jacked up almost double the second night, which was frustrating. Free breakfast on Saturday was served at 7, which was not a help to us as we had an earlier wake-up and needed breakfast at 6, which they serve during the week for work travelers. Had lots of trouble with communication at the front desk and two people in our party were charged twice for the rooms. Tiny pool. We would probably stay elsewhere next trip.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Tammy A, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

I'm glad to see that you shared your experience about your recent stay with us here at the Homewood Suites. Our breakfast hours are different Monday - Friday (6am - 9am) vs Saturday - Sunday (7am - 10:30am). We try very hard to make sure that we are accommodating all of our guests.
I am sorry that you seemed to have troubles communicating with the front desk. I am sorry that you think that the guest was double charged. They are welcome to give me a call at the hotel, I would be more than happy to check their account to find out what happened.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

Good amenities, courteous staff, clean, good location. I would stay again even if for a leisure trip. The only issue I had was not being able to get wifi connectivity on all of my devices and that the one working treadmill was wobbly and I sprained my foot using it...be careful!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Tammy A, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us while you were at the Homewood Suites. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself.
I appreciate the "heads up" about the treadmill. I am having my team double check to make sure that they are safe working condition.

Tammy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
0.1 km away
12.6 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg
5.8 km away
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades

Been to Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun? Share your experiences!