“Rude staff and owner. Worst customer service ever!!”
Review of Brick Oven Bistro

Brick Oven Bistro
Ranked #9 of 98 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: French, Pizza
Reviewed 14 October 2016

Hi,

I just want to say I have been to Brick Oven Bistro twice recently. The first time on Oct. 6th and the experience was nice. We had a nice waitress and the food was slow to come but very good. We had a coupon for a free pizza. We boxed up the free pizza and had good service. I had another coupon for a free sub or six dollars off. Since we were in the area, I thought I would eat there again. The service was ok the subs were good. We showed our waitress our coupon before our order, and verified what we could use it on. My guest also asked the question if we upgrade to the combo which gives you fries and a drink for two dollars more, will we still be get the coupon value? The waitress said no problem. We got our check, and we were charged separately for drink and fries which came to additional 4.98 . The combo price of two dollars added on $5.99 was null and void, because we were using a coupon. Here we thought we were going to be charged 5.99 + 2.00+ .50 for the second sub was $6.50. So approx. $8.50 total before tax. I went to talk to who I thought was the supervisor or owner. He said clearly that he could not use the coupon on discounted items meaning the combo. However, we did not necessarily want fries and a drink and would have been happy with the sandwiches only. We thought for two dollars more why not upgrade to one combo and one sandwich free. So our $6.00 coupon only saved us about a dollar, for he charged us separately for side orders of fries and a drink. I thought for sure, since our waitress verified our coupon and said we can use it no problem with the combo addition, that all was a misunderstanding. However, the manager got extremely loud and rude with me when I told him that I was paying the $8.50 price before tax and not the extra four dollars. He said that he was not going to refund our money and that I needed to read the bottom of the coupon for details. We did read the coupon, and that is why we asked our waitress for advice when we ordered before using it. I only came today, because I had a coupon for a free sub. If I was only going to save $1.00, I would have not gone to this restaurant for Ashland has many fine eateries that would give us much better customer service. Well after the supervisor said he was not going to do anything, I told him that the customer service was poor and that I would probably not come back. At that point the waitress jumped in and yelled at me. To say he explained it to you so get out... leave. I was shocked of the treatment I was getting. I relayed to the supervisor that I should not have such treatment of a waitress yelling at me and in front of all his customers, and he not even asking the young lady to back off. Another employee jumped in to add to the confusion, to say it was a misunderstanding and they were not going to do anything about it. In the meantime the waitress was still raising her voice and not being quiet. I was also mad at this point, and wanted the lunch crowd to know that I was being treated horrible and rudely and that no waitress should be yelling at guests. She should have been asked at the very least to go home for the day. The food was decent, but the owner/supervisor and staff were unbelievably rude and intolerant.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

Although we eat here on other occasions, whenever I have had surgery I have stopped here on the way home and purchased the pepperoni roll on the way home. It has only been a couple of times, and we buy the same food on non-surgical occasions, but this is the food I want the most when I'm recovering...

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

This small place in the Walmart shopping plaza in Ashland cranks out some great pizzas and calzones. Their house salad dressing is excellent as well

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

We visited the restaurant after it was recommended by a man at the tourism desk in Bass Pro Shop. We prefer to support local non franchise businesses when possible. We were immediately greeted by a man behind the counter when we walked in. The decor is very casual, family friendly. The waitress was nice and often checked to see if everything was ok. The garlic knots, white pizza, and chicken stromboli were very fresh tasting with delicious crust/dough and tasty marinara sauce. Served nice and hot. Very glad that we went.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

We wanted pizza after a long, expensive but great day at King's Dominion. We were housed at a Quality Inn in Ashland and called the closest pizza place. We were pleasantly surprised!!! The pizza was DELICIOUS - the cheese they use is wonderful. They knew we were staying at a hotel so they provided everything we asked for - plates, drinks, extra parm and peppers, etc, plus 10% off of our bill because of the hotel stay! The girl who took the order was wonderful and very accommodating...the whole meal (medium 2-topping pizza and three drinks) cost us $17.50.

Been to Brick Oven Bistro? Share your experiences!