“Authentic”
Review of Cantinetta

Cantinetta
Ranked #17 of 106 Restaurants in Trancoso
Description: Brazilian Restaurant and Pizzeria. Open from 12.00 am from 23.00. Italian and Brazilian cuisine from 12.00 to 18.00. Italian Cuisine and Italian Pizza from 18.00 to 23.00.
Reviewed 18 November 2017

Recommended. Tried the putanesca. Well salty - but not too much so - with penne served al dente. All as it should be. No fuss, quick service.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

The price is really reasonable
Environment is really cool and laid back
Cool be romantic
Important spot in Troncoso

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Fantastic! Great atmosphere, the Cantinetta is a great choice for having an Italian experience in Bahia!

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant from an Italian, so we knew it'd be good.
On the main street just steps away from the Quadrado, the decent prices alone are worth a visit. We ended up going back 4 more times for various lunches and dinners, and even ordered delivery to our pousada once.
Favourites would have to be the Spaghetti Pomodoro, Filoncino Italiano stuffed crust pizza, and the chicken lunch special.
The portions were just right and the food was prepared Italian style, not all dripping with cheese and fat and overcooked, like you get at some restaurants in Brazil.
The staff are smiling, friendly, and attentive for Bahians. And the charming Italian Chef/Owner and manager come by your table for a quality check and friendly chat. What more could you want?!
Can't forget to mention the great decor and furniture. A beautiful little tranquil setting. Can't wait to go back next year!

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Thin pizza. Very thin! Little amount of toppings. Small serving of pasta (the ravioli dish comes with about 6 pieces). Not even a remembrance of mascarpone in the tiramisu. We had Italians at the table so the waiter was showing off quite often between services. Knives were asked to help with the thin - crap - pizza crust and the waiter was rude by saying "this is not how you eat pizza"! I was about to say "this is not even a good pizza, by the way" but I didn't. A friend ordered a spoon to eat pasta and the waiter said again about "this is not the way of eating this". For real? Have we asked for etiquette classes somehow when entering the Cantinetta? Were we behaving wildly and only the waiter noticed that to tell us? I got very annoyed, I didn't like the food and I didn't like the service at all. I didn't say anything to the friends that invited me there but I wouldn't go back by myself for sure.

1  Thank DeboraDiniz