All reviews outback steakhouse top floor room was clean hotel bar breakfast buffet fox river mall eaa airventure an older hotel a green bay packer game restaurants and shopping upon check desk staff king room one night stay would stay again spire highway
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I love so many things about this hotel. Right on the freeway while working at Oshkosh. And close to airport. Pool and fitness area open 24hrs a day. Which doesn’t sound like a lot but it is a huge pool and huge hot tub. Great fitness room too. Not your standard size. Pretty big. Special shout out to Matt and Taylor. Matt and Taylor are super helpful. Added bonus Taylor has the most gorgeous eyes ever lol. Breakfast is great too. Not free but awesome.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Kari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that your stay with us was one that you enjoyed and met all your needs.
Here at Holiday Inn we focus on excellent customer service and are pleased to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly.
We hope that your travels bring you back to this area and we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I reviewed this hotel previously and gave it four stars. After staying this weekend, I felt the need to write again with a lower rating.

My husband is a Rewards member (nearly Elite status), and like another reviewer, he was not thanked for his loyalty upon check-in. This is always done at other IHG properties, so it was a noticeable omission this time.

The hotel was "being painted' while we stayed, according to signs hastily taped up around the hotel, but there seemed to also be some kind of construction going on as well. When we arrived, we could see that the front entrance was blocked by a large lift being used by the painters. We didn't see any signs (from our spot in the parking lot) indicating where we were supposed to enter the hotel. Luckily, we saw some people leaving and figured it out.

Our room was a corner room on the sixth floor (executive). There was plastic covering the outside of every patio door on our side of the building (facing south). The room was very large but worn, with fraying carpets and some mold on the tiles in the shower. The wifi signal was weak and was a big disappointment for my husband.

Although we usually enjoy IHG properties, I was disappointed by our stay here and would think twice before staying again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Good Evening,

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We use feedback such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve the guest experience.
I can not express enough how disappointed I am that you were not thanked for your loyalty as a member as an IHG guest. I consistently go over this with my team to acknowledge this with every check in and to ask when guests are not a member if they would like to become a member of IHG.
I at this time would like to personally thank you for your membership with IHG. I do know this does not replace or excuse that it should have been done at the time of check in. I do want you to know that we do care and value you as a member.
We are currently starting our remodeling of our property process and have started with the outside of the property first. We will be doing a whole inside renovation also.
We would also like to apologize for all the confusion that the painting process caused in blocking off the entrances. We needed to make sure that there was no over spray of paint on any vehicles that were parked, so we needed to have guests park the farthest lot away from where they were panting.
The signs were not very clear and our apologies for that. The only other entrance that was available was an entrance that was not very visible from the main road or from the main parking lot. For everyone's safety we felt that this was the best solution with using the large equipment, though it may have not been the best solution or communication with just using signs with the guest we did try to inform our guests.
This is why we always appreciate feedback so that we can use this information to change or improve on our communication process as we continue on with our remodeling.
We encourage you to continue to follow our process of our updating and for your patience as we are improving the property over the next year. As the an old saying goes " sometimes it has to get worse before it can get better. "
I am confident that you will love the end results when it is all finished.
We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future as a guest.

Thank you for your time and being an IHG Member with us!

Reviewed 30 September 2017

This is not a bad choice for a basic room. The location is great as it is so close to the freeway, the mall, and great restaurants. However, for the money, you could get better amenities in another hotel. There are so many more options for rooming.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Hi Therese M,

Thank you for your candid review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. We are glad to hear you found our location convenient. On the other hand, I am sorry to hear you were not fully satisfied with the price you paid. We utilize all comments for improvement of our product and services and will continue to work towards the highest standards for our guests.

Again, many thanks for the feedback and for staying with us. I hope that you will consider us again if your travels bring you back to our area. Have a wonderful day!

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. They took a charge off my bill due to a restaurant charge being on there and I was not there. When I checked in the door to my room was open with the vacuum still in the room. I just moved it and closed the door and made sure my key worked. Other than that it was a decent room and I slept well.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Appleton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Dear Byron H,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am glad to know you liked the friendliness of our staff. Please allow me to apologize for the unexpected experience you had with your room when you arrived and the charges you had from the restaurant. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 21 September 2017

My wife and I stayed here after attending a Green Bay Packer game using our IHG Rewards Points for a free night. This is an older hotel and does show its age in places but is clean and well kept. We were given a spacious corner room nicely arranged which was very much appreciated. The room was very quiet and the bed comfortable which provided a great night's sleep. The front desk staff which included a young lady in training was very friendly and efficient. We had dinner that evening in the hotel's restaurant. The food was good and the only waitress on duty did an amazing job handling all the tables, orders, etc. and making sure each got the appropriate attention. We wondered why with such a crowd she was the only one on duty and we discovered another waitress who was scheduled had quit the night before. We didn't use the pool or fitness center but both looked nice. The hotel is conveniently located to many restaurants and shopping opportunities and not far from the downtown or the airport. We'd definitely consider staying here again if/when in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a spacious corner room.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Good Evening
We have started our updating of the hotel and will be undergoing a full renovation inside and out. We are confident that you will love the property when it is finished.
We hope that your travels will bring you back to this area and we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again.