“Wonderful food”

Mohnen's Darboy Family
Ranked #43 of 385 Restaurants in Appleton
Reviewed 19 August 2017

I recently had the occasion to have lunch at Mohnen's in Appleton. We had potato pancakes and outside of my mother's and some I've had in Germany, they are the best I've tasted. I got three "to go" back to Milwaukee with me. The fish sandwich was delicious too. The restaurant was clean and our waitress was so friendly. I only wish I could remember her name to give her credit.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Great homemade food!!!
Nice staff. You may have to wait but it always consistent.
To go food and bakery available.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

A friend has been a long time customer, and raved about Mohnen's potato pancakes, so of course I had to try them out. I'm glad I did. I'll be returning to try the rest of their menu.

The potato pancakes are huge. My order of two large potato pancakes came with two strips of crispy bacon and a side of apple sauce. The pancakes were absolutely delicious - light, fluffy, and tasty, with a nice crisp outside - and not greasy. I could see flecks of chives. This was a very filling order for a light lunch.

I took home a slice of their chocolate cake, and carrot cake (with cream cheese frosting) - both were scrumptious.

The place was very clean, light and airy. The staff were very friendly, and the customers all looked very happy and comfortable. This is a wonderful, local diner in a great community.

If you know what good food tastes like, you will like Mohnen's. I will return again to try other items on their menu.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

This family restaurant is a long established staple business in Darboy, WI. You can find it on KK/Calumet St. The food is fantastic especially breakfast entrées. The waitresses are friendly, helpful and cater to your every whim. The owners are very personable and their dining room manager is very courteous and friendly as well as helpful! You can't go wrong with anything you order.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

Mohnen's is a favorite of ours for breakfast with a good selection and reasonable prices. If you are a fan of potato pancakes, theirs are the best in the valley.