“Great breakfast!”

Mohnen's Darboy Family
Ranked #45 of 391 Restaurants in Appleton
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Apple fitter french toast is AWESOME! Very comfortable family restaurant! This place is always busy but the crowd filters in and out relatively quickly.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I heard great things, but was a little disappointed. My prime rib and eggs looked very sad and did not taste the greatest. My husband had chicken fried steak. He said it was tasty. There was a lot of food though, and the pancakes were delicious. I guess with as long as we waited, I expected to be a little more blown away, which I was not.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Mohnen's is a great little family-family friendly restaurant. We've consistently had good service and good food over the last couple of years since we started going. They also have a large variety of to-go items (soups, bakery, etc.) as well as an ice cream counter. Prices are fair. Overall, we have a positive experience every time we visit, and that's why we keep going back.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Mohnen’s is our favorite breakfast restaurant. We have enjoyed their home-cooked comfort breakfasts for 21 years! We appreciate seeing the long-time staff who greet us – and all customers – with a friendly smile and conversation. We like seeing their familiar faces! Because this is a highly popular restaurant, we have had to wait at times; however, since we know this, the usually short wait doesn’t bother us. Even when busy, our food gets to us in a timely manner. I love their made-from-scratch light, fluffy pancakes that come to me piping hot; they also poach my eggs, and I’ve found many cafes don’t offer that choice. My husband will eat their chicken salad sandwich when in season, and he always has their German potato salad which he says is much better than other cafes. Too often at other places the food comes out lukewarm or cold; that one gets marked off our list. We also welcome their reasonable prices.

We have gotten their take-out lasagna and chicken-dumpling soup for suppers, and both were tasty. They have bakery items for take-out, too. I have to mention that they have ice cream: I have stopped several times just for a chocolate shake – thick and yummy!

Mohnen’s is a down-to-earth, friendly family-owned restaurant that I do not hesitate to recommend.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Read the reviews for this place and expected a great meal. Sorely disappointed. Coffee was not very good and weak. Food was average, at best. Had the chicken fried steak. It was out of a box. The gravy that went on top of it was okay, if a little bland. The potato pancakes were alright, but, again, nothing to write home about. Service was not very good. Server never came to see how our food was until we were done. We had to ask for silverware. In the interest of fairness, my roommate said the bread pudding was very good. I don't like raisins so I didn't try it. Overall, dissatisfied. We will not be going back.