1,662 results
All reviews making sure front desk convention center excellent breakfast lovely hotel tapioca wi fi business trip english portuguese parks city dates noise conference
Reviewed 17 August 2018

We stayed at this hotel last week while visiting my wife's family. You are not going to find a better hotel in the area, especially if you are traveling on business. We live in NYC and are accustomed to comfortable hotels, which can be hard to find in Goiania. The rooms are solid, the pool & gym are great, and their breakfast is fantastic. Everyone i dealt with at the front desk spoke very good English so no communication problems (a biggie if you are planning a trip from the States). I found the staff very professional and willing to help with any needs.

I would like to single out the Front Office Manager Luiz Claudio who was extremely helpful when my wife was felled by illness on the day we were to return home, He provided us with the name of a medical professional in the area, and allowed us additional time to check out. Very thoughtful, thank you again Luiz.
I would also like to mention Sheila and Amanda (at the front desk) who were always very friendly & helpful.

I have noticed that there aren't many Castro Hotel reviews from U.S.or other English speaking visitors, probably due to the inland destination of Goiania. So I hope anyone (from the States or Europe) searching in the future comes across this review and books a room at the Castro's Park. You will not be disappointed.

Best,
Ed St John

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank capfreeman
Reviewed 2 July 2018

The hotel is very comfortable, though the building is old. They say it's a 5 star hotel, but I find that hard to believe. 3-4, maybe. I don't have that much experience to say. But it could definitely be more clean. Overall, a good stay and I'd stay there again. Great breakfast, great restaurant. Wi-Fi was iffy.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2018

A very comfortable hotel in a pleasant part of Goiania. I've stayed here twice and would go back. Great swimming pool. And the breakfast is a really good way to start the day. Highly recommended. Wish they served espresso at breakfast as part of the cost.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank PequotLady
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Excellent service. Clean room and pool. Staff very professional and efficient. Breakfast just amazing and restaurant has tasty menu. Overall I'min very satisfied with everything. The Hotel has about 30 years and needs updated furniture, other than that it's great experience, believe me.

Room tip: Best views
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2018

The hotel offers excellent breakfast. Swimming pool could be deeper, but it is nice to relax. That's about it.
The rooms need an upgrade for a 5-star hotel.
There is no complimentary coffee-tea in the room ( a standard even for many 3-star hotels). The cleanliness is also not their strong point, especially if you look in the corners and under your bed.
The ironboard with iron would be also helpful.

They have very loud day parties on saturdays in the main lobby. If you happen to be there, you can hardly hold a conversation. The pool area was also invaded by a group of male-cheerleaders who obviously did not stay in the hotel, but felt at ease smoking, having their beer in the pool, playing loud music - actually chasing the hotel guests away. Certainly NOT a 5-star experience.

Date of stay: April 2018