See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 September 2015

We stayed at the Rio Buzios Boutique Hotel for two nights (husband/wife/2 preteen children). We had a two level room, with two single beds downstairs and a queen bed upstairs, which was great for our family. The beds were not wonderfully comfortable, but no real complaints. The wifi was okay, but a little weak. The hotel restaurant served a very good breakfast. The pool was fine. The hotel is a very short walk to a nice beach, and the main shopping area was a healthy 20 minute walk away.

Room tip: Some first floor rooms have direct access to the pool area from their balconies, which is either very convenient or a little noisy.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2015

I was just there for the second time in 2 years and had an amazing experience both times. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The staff will assist you with whatever bookings you need, be it a boat ride, snorkeling, scuba diving, etc. Always warm and always with a smile.
The location is incredible. Steps from Praia Joao Fernandes and a 15/20 minute walk to restaurants and shopping. Without a doubt, I will book this hotel again on my next visit. And I will be back. One of the most beautiful and relaxing places I've ever been.

Room tip: I would definitely pick an ocean view room on the second floor.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2015

Luxury hotel options are limited in Buzios so it was difficult to make a decision on where to stay. Unfortunately I made the wrong choice with Rio Buzios. Getting to Buzios from Rio was quite a long trip, over 3 hours by private transfer. First impressions of the hotel were underwhelming to say the least, very basic lobby area with no wow factor. The rooms were below average, small and dark. They had the most unpleasant smell which we were told was from the type of wood used. The hotel is situated quite far from the main area where all the restaurants, shops etc are. We rented buggy's for our 4 day stay to get around the area which I would recommend. There are plenty of beautiful beaches to explore around the island however the weather in December wasn't great and I'm sure there are sunnier times to visit. Buzios is a very vibey and cosmopolitan destination and I would highly recommend it however Rio Buzios hotel is not the place to stay.

Date of stay: December 2014
1  Thank Jetsetter089
Reviewed 6 April 2015

We ended up staying here following a transfer from a very disappointing time at another establishment in Buzios. It became evident pretty quick that English was not in abundance with staff, however this added to a fantastic time and my basic Spanish was enough to enjoy the company of the staff. To that end all was not lost as Nicholas the events organiser was fluent in English such that we actually hired him personally inclusive of car to enjoy the surrounding areas. If you recognise were you are and the personalities of the staff you will have a fantastic time. The service is top class and cleanliness better than most. Breakfast was excellent and we had the advantage of having external dining vouchers to eat in town. However due to rain we did eat in at were not disappointed. A complaint would be the location to the beach were at times unfortunately it can become noisy.

Room tip: Request first floor or by the pool
Date of stay: March 2015
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed her during the world cup and we had a great time. Hotel in ideal position, the beach across the road and a 15 min stroll into the centre of town. Hotel staff were great and they even changed our flat tyre for us!!! Room was clean and modern with great sea views. Staff were friendly and service was OK. I would say though that we stayed at a quiet time so could not comment on how staff would cope during the busy season. Would def recommend and stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gustavo L, Gerente at Rio Buzios Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Mr.Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in Hotel Rio Búzios. We are very happy to read your comments. For our team the most important is your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in a next opportunity.

We thank you for your attention and time!

Since you deserve anything else, do not hesitate in contacting us.

Best regards,