“Best prawns!!”

Marola Bar E Rstaurante
Ranked #22 of 75 Restaurants in Ilha Grande
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We ended up in Marola by mistake. We were due to spend the whole day on Lopez Mendez but as it was raining we decided to take shelter in the only bar we had seen. Simply having a drink there is great but we decided to have a portion of shrimp in garlic. OMG, they were huge and they were delicious!! My husband had to drag me away before I ordered a second plate they were that delicious!

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

This is a floating restaurant off a beautiful beach and area
The food is basic Brazilian but excellent and large quantities
The ladies serving are charming , smiling even a bit of dancing
Very good time

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

When you visit Lopes Mendez make sure you visit Marola. All the food is freshly made and the staff is very friendly. The venue itself is amazing!

Reviewed 3 January 2017

One of the most enjoyable things about my stay on Ilha Grande was walking from Villa do Abraao to this beach, and stumbling upon the Marola Bar unexpectedly.

It is the only bar on a beautiful and isolated beach. If you arrive early, around 11.00, you can even have most of the bar and beach to yourself, before the hordes arrive by boat passing through on their way to Lopes Mendes.

The setting is exceptional, a small homely bar playing reggae at the end of a partially submerged (at high-tide) path, surrounded by sea, jungle and a beautiful beach. I really enjoyed sitting on the edge, dipping my feet into the water, watching the fish below and the scenery around me as I drank a bohemia beer, or an amarula.

The staff are also very friendly and efficient, uncharacteristically so for the island (often the bars in isolated parts of Ilha Grande can offer pretty sloppy service, presumably because once customers are stuck in the area they have few options).

After my first visit, I made the hike here two more times. I would heartily recommend visiting Marola Bar- preferably earlier in the day before the tourist hordes descend, so you can enjoy it in peace.

They do not accept cards, so make sure you have plenty of cash with you.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

There was no other option of restaurant when we got to the beach. And I am glad for that. Friendly staff, cold beer and good french fries. We were actually thinking it would be more expensive than it was, considering it was in an isolated place and a floating restaurant.