See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 July 2015

I spent 2 weeks here while working in Barra. First up, this hotel is so much better than where I stayed previously, so my views may have a lower starting point than others! Reception staff were great - all spoke English to some extent, and some of them very well. My room was fine - good wifi, working air con and an interesting view of the growing Olympic park on one side and the sea on the other. Breakfast was good, a wide range of food and drinks, and enough for a vegetarian to be happy. I also ate at the hotel restaurant a couple times and that was also fine, with a few veggie options. The main drawback when travelling without a car is the location (I was picked up every day for work). The area feels safe, but is limited in terms of where it is really possible to walk to (although there is a BRT station nearby). You can however walk to Rio Design very easily (going out the back of the hotel means a very quiet walking route) - means easy access to a number of restaurants and shops - especially if walking through Rio Design to the next set of shops. There is also a little food and drink shop in the opposite direction which came in very useful. Happy to stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2015

My friends and I stayed at this hotel between late May and early June 2015 for two nights. The subject of the travel was to attend to the event Arnold Classics that had place in Rio Centro. The hotel is near to Rio Centro Convention Center; is clean, the service is very good, located in area with international mall, and a good quantity of nice restaurants.

Room Tip: All rooms seem be good.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank José Benjamim M... P
Reviewed 27 June 2015

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in June 2015 for 5 nights. We attended a conference at the central convention center.
Just to preface, there is absolutely no worries about safety in this area. This is an area with lots of high end international shopping outlets and some nice restaurants. This is like a suburb of Rio. There are a number of shopping tour groups out of Rio and this is where they take you. One of the bigger and better shopping malls (Rio Design
Center) is about 1/4 mile from this hotel.

First, this hotel is not on the water. The hotel is decent and what one would expect for the price. Its a good value hotel. The rooms are pretty clean, the room cleaning is adequate and the room service and prices are ok. The rooms are a good size too. Especially nice was the morning breakfast buffet and coffee. There was a wide selection of freshly cut fruits, scrambled (nice and soft) eggs, sausages, pastries and juices.

The staff was courteous and very helpful helping us get around Barra and getting us cabs. Speaking of cabs, don't be fooled. There are pre-set fees to and from GIG airport. If any cab driver tries to bill you by the mile...find another cab. I think the one hour ride from GIG to Barra da Tijuca was about $60.00 US. Also, Uber is not competitive here, as there are a ton of cabs all around. Sometimes it seems like there are more cabs than cars :>).The cabbies are more than fine (used to) with about a 5% tip. Watch it on short trips, many times they will automatically ad a 5% tip and round up; so it's easy to double tip. With the exchange rate of 3.1:1 US, one tends to feel pretty rich vacationing in Brazil.

Location wise, the hotel is only about 4 miles from the centro convention center and about 4.5 miles from the Olympic village, but construction and traffic makes it a much longer taxi ride; about $12-15.00 US. The trip to Rio, say Ipanema beach is about 1.25 hours or more. Construction for the Olympics and general Rio traffic is bad.

I guess the bottom line: I would stay there again if I traveled to that area again.

Room Tip: Our room on the 14th floor had a slightly noisy air conditioner. If you are a really lite sleeper bring a set of ear plugs.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank j f
Reviewed 28 April 2015

While this is my third stay at this hotel within the past year, I notice a slow but steady decline in the status of this property. All services--restaurant, front desk, etc. remain very good, but the property itself (rooms, pool area) are looking a bit worn.

Room Tip: Try to get higher numbered rooms on each floor.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank L R M
Reviewed 5 March 2015

Based on the reviews I read, and the price I paid, I expected a 4-star hotel and not a 3-star hotel. The hotel is OK, it's clean and it has an OK breakfast, it is adjacent to a great gym where you can work out, but somehow it felt a bit "cheap". I may have been influenced by the fact that it is on a very busy street and you have to take a taxi everywhere. Staff is nice, but not very efficient.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business