“Mini pizza and a sonho”
Review of La Veronese

La Veronese
Ranked #378 of 14,416 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: Ipanema
Reviewed 3 April 2018

What’s not to love about this place? You can’t buy atmosphere like this these days. But you can buy mini pizzas served on a cardboard plate and custard-filled pillowy sonhos that are like sugar-coated dreams. The sign says you should order at the counter before paying at the cashier, but we’ve done both ways and never got told otherwise. They do fresh pastas and whole desserts wrapped in charming blue and white striped paper if you’re cooking at home or entertaining. Closed on Mondays.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Great place to get food to eat at home! I love their chicken pie! I love their custard filed "sonhos"! They make small chocolate eclairs that are very decadent! Their pasta is amazingly fresh! I even buy the choux so I can make profiteroles at home. And they have been there since I don't know how long. At least, since when can I remember.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Good quick bite for pizza. You order, they make it on the spot, and then you can stand at the counter and eat or take it on the road. If you're in the area and looking for a snack, go here.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

It is not a restaurant, they serve you over the counter, take out or delivery and have little variety. My favorites are the delicious pizza home made style (not the Italian or gourmet style), made with cheese and fresh tomatoes sauce with a twist of garlic (they just have the one type) and the lasagna. They also have OK pastry and home made pasta. They keep everything simple, and sell at a very reasonable price, especially if you consider current standards in Rio. The delivery service is fast. Service at the counter is a bit challenging (although people are nice), as in most places in Rio, but all in all, it's good value for money.

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

I live very near La Veronese, and it's been on the same place forever! When I am not in the mood to cook, I buy some of their pizzas. When I am in the mood to cook, I buy lasagne or pasta to cook at home. Also, it is the only place where you can find the biscuits necessary to make tiramisu, which my husband prepares to perfection!