Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$99
  • Pool
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$99
  • Breakfast included
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$110
  • Pool
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$132
US$106
US$182
US$161
  • Pool
Pestana Rio Atlantica(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$70
Hotels.com
US$201
US$176
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Granada(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$38
US$212
Sofitel
  • Beachfront
3,595 results
All reviewscipriani restaurantmain buildingiconic hotelgrand damepoolside restaurantpool areapool staffcity viewguest relationsbeautiful poolturn down servicefive star hotelluxurious hotelconcierge deskhotel guestsbeach serviceoverlooking the beach
Reviewed 17 September 2017

A great luxurious hotel with pleasant and helpful staff, and wonderful location overlooking the famous beach. The services at the Hotel were excellent. It was spotlessly clean. You get Royal treatment here.

Room Tip: Best view overlooks the beach
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Copacabana
This hotel was fabulous! The staff is very attentive and helpful in every way. We loved staying in the old tower overlooking Copacabana beach. The bed and linens were very luxurious—as was the turn down service. The breakfast at Cipriani was wonderful (clearly a destination for locals on the weekend as it was very full Saturday and Sunday). The pool is pretty, but due to the shape of the hotel, the sun is limited to narrow parts of the pool throughout the day. The beach setup was wonderful, with lounge chairs towels and water available. The concierge and front desk staff were very well informed and great at providing suggestions and helping us figure out what we wanted to do and making arrangements for us.
We stayed in the old building and can assure you that the A/C was awesome and there was nothing "old" feeling except the charm. There are double glass doors to keep the street noise out.

The spa is OK, and certainly not up to the caliber of the hotel itself. While there are both a men’s and a women’s sauna and steam room, the sauna in the men’s side did not appear to be working. There was a lack of attention to the facilities as well. The relaxation room, had not been cleared after lunch, and while staff did come through to refold blankets, the tray of dirty dishes in the room were abandoned for the whole time we were there.
The major drawback of the hotel is that I received more bug bites staying there than any of the other places we stayed, including in the rain forest along the coast. On the last day, we pulled back the sheets to find evidence of bed bugs on the mattress (we usually check when we arrive, but didn't think we had to at this caliber of hotel). We mentioned it to the front desk staff, but got a quick apology with no followup. So we emailed the team once we had left. They responded after three days to say that the room had been checked, and no infestation was found. We sent them the pictures we had taken of the corner of the mattress, and they have promised to have their inspection team go over the room again. Our hope is that they will contain anything that’s there soon! We appreciated their response, but I do hope for a better resolution. I'm still itching.
Other than that, we would absolutely recommend the Belmond to anyone going to Rio – great location, grand hotel, and great staff!!!

Room Tip: We loved the old building with ocean view- and a Juliet balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Francie G
AndreaNatal, General Director at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Sir,
First of all, thank you for your words of appreciation addressed to our hotel in general. Be sure that I convey the feeling of gratitude and commitment renewal of our teams. And with regard to the reported episode, once again I reiterate the most sincere apologies and reaffirm that it is not usual. We are proceeding with a second verification according to the message that was sent to you and I will let you know.
Once again my apologies.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Copacabana Palace is the Copacabana Palace. Staying there means experiencing not only Rio but the hotel, its amenities and service. I´ll start with the check in, it was fast and efficient, even though hour room was not ready, we could seat comfortably near by the check in area and enjoy some cold iced tea while waiting for the room.
The room was spacious, beautifully decorated with a spacious seating area and also spacious bathroom, with a great shower and bathtub. Even though it was not a sea view room, we had the view of the tennis court, which was kind nice. It did not have much of city view, as it was stated in the reservation, which by the way was a plus, and not noise from the busy street from behind.
The swimming pool is lovely, it is huge and the staff that works in the pool bar area was extremely helpful. The restaurant by the pool offers great food, snacks and breakfast with a view of the Copacabana beach. On the beach, the hotel offers beach service, with beach beds, a staff located there pampers you with cold water to drink and to wash your feet of sand if needed. The hotel offers what you are paying for, and what you expect of a Belmond Hotel, not only in terms comfort but also in terms of service. I have stayed in nearly all the hotels on the Copacabana Beach, and I must say that there is no other hotel you can compare to. It is the place to stay when in Rio.

Room Tip: Pick a room with ocean view.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017

What a wonderfully beautiful location is Belmond Copacabana Palace situated. But the location would be nothing if the service and facilities did not match. They do and this made our stay 'paradise in paradise'.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

A truly beautiful hotel like all Belmond hotels in a beautiful location, but terrible service - lost my bag on check in, no service by the pool, 2 of 3 restaurants closed one night with only an Asian one open (I don't want Asian in Brazil), key didn't work twice, was told gym didn't open till 7 but it was 5:30, car booked for the wrong time

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Paul M
AndreaNatal, General Director at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Firstly I need to say that I am very surprised with your comments. All the topics highlighted don't correspond to our high level quality and services. Please accept my sincere apologies for any kind of inconvenience and I take the opportunity to kindly ask you to provide me further details. Please access our website at 'contact us' section. Your message will be addressed to my office.
Once again, my apologies and I expect your answer.
Best wishes,