Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$89
  • Pool
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$125
  • Breakfast included
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$111
US$208
Sofitel
  • Beachfront
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$131
US$103
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Granada(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$37
  • Breakfast included
Pestana Rio Atlantica(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$175
US$150
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$179/night.

US$182
US$159
  • Pool
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
US$406
US$240
Cancelon
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$295/night.

All reviewscold and hot foodwithin blockslocation is excellentlots of fresh fruitcomfortable bedschrist the redeemersaunarooftoprio
Reviewed 22 February 2016

I lived in Copacabana in my own apartment for 3 ½ years so I know the area and the hotels there too, this one was bad. Waited on average 7 minutes for the elevator and on two occasions actually walked down from the 13 floor. On several occasions i could not even get in the evaluators after waiting as the cleaners or tradesman had them full.

Internet was rubbish, always dropping out.

Air con was noisy and ineffective.

Porters seemed uninterested unless prompted by the front desk.

Stated cable TV, doesn’t tell you none of the channels are in English apart from 2 news channels. OK I speak Portuguese so not such an issue for me personally but I heard other complain

I had agreed a late check out to 2pm only to be called at 12pm to be told I needed to get out the room ASAP as they needed it.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Lars H
Reviewed 16 February 2016

Lovely roof terrace and pool, overlooking Rio, Cristo, Sugarloaf and Copacabana beach. Spacious, clean room with jacuzzi bath, comfortable bed, great breakfast and in a great location. This hotel nearly got full marks.

However sadly there were two downsides - the aircon unit is old so very noisy. It works fine but you can't have it on while you sleep as it keeps you awake which is a shame.

The other issue was regarding a shampoo. We'd checked out at 11am and were flying home that evening, the staff were really helpful and stored our bags for the day. We spent it around the pool and had lunch and drinks at the pool bar then wanted to shower using the gym shower before we went home. Unfortunately I forgot to pick up the complimentary shampoo from the room so my boyfriend popped down to reception to ask for one as the staff had been so helpful. The new man on reception however asked which room we were so we explained which room we had been in but had now checked out. He said 'I'm sorry sir but if you've checked out you can't have any complimentary shampoo'. It let the whole stay down to be honest as it was petty and unnecessary. I would say however that it was one gentleman in particular and not a reflection of the other staff at all who were absolutely lovely.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I booked this hotel last minute when the forecast did not look good on Ilha Grande the 3 nights we were supposed to go. There's free wifi and breakfast buffet. There is a nice rooftop with a terrace, pool, bar, small gym and a sauna with a view. The room we stayed in also had a sauna so I assume they all do. It's 2 blocks from the beach and right by copacabana palace.

We really enjoyed the cafe next door to it Galeria 80.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

Lobby staff extremely helpful and spoke good English. The bar staff and waiters spoke little or no English and this made it difficult for us.

The rooms had all that you needed for a comfortable stay, my only issue was that our air conditioner was very noisy.

Excellent location between the metro and the beach. I would stay there again.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2015

We stayed in the Mirasol during a partly business and partly leisure trip. The hotel lobby is nice and clean and quite modern. Once we had checked in and went to our room, we noticed an issue straight away. We had booked a room with two beds and received a room with one large bed. The bellboy, called down to reception straight away and the problem was soon fixed with no hassle and loads of friendly apologies. The room was clean and nice, with a nice TV. However it was not extremely modern, however I am aware that they are currently in the process of updating rooms. The aircon is a bit noisy, but this didnt really bother us. The bathroom was more modern, and the shower was amazing.

We visited the hotel restaurant daily fro breakfast and went two or three times for dinner. The breakfast buffet is great and the staff really cared about the presentation and freshness of the food they had out. It was rather nice to see actually. The restaurant served traditional Brazilian food, like you would have found at many of the other places around. The prices were very reasonable, not much different to other places, and the staff were extremely friendly.

The best bit about this hotel in comparison to some of the others in the area is the pool and outdoor area. It really is lovely and has been upgraded to a high standard. The gym looks out across Copacabana beach. You get incredible views.

The street outside the hotel can be a bit noisy at times. As others have failed to mention, this is because the hotel is 2 mins from the metro, and the street it is on is the main walkway from the beach to the metro. The hotel is perfectly located in order to access both the metro and the beach, both 2 mins either way.

There are also loads of shops around for food, and its really easy to get anywhere.

In general, its a great hotel, not a five star luxury resort, but its nice and friendly, slightly better quality than a holiday inn, and its generally a great price for the area. Would definitely recommend

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business