“If your choice is between this hotel and something else, choose something else!”

Mirasol Copacabana Hotel
Ranked #104 of 286 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 29 February 2016

The room looks like it has not been renovated since 1970, the A/C sounds like a bus from the same year!.
When you are in the bathroom, you can here the other guest so clear like they are standing in your shower.
Tried to changed, the staff said yes and then when we should change the reception manager said no!
The light switch got broken and we tried for 4 days to get that fixed after that we checked out

Room Tip: Do not take this hotel
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 February 2016

I lived in Copacabana in my own apartment for 3 ½ years so I know the area and the hotels there too, this one was bad. Waited on average 7 minutes for the elevator and on two occasions actually walked down from the 13 floor. On several occasions i could not even get in the evaluators after waiting as the cleaners or tradesman had them full.

Internet was rubbish, always dropping out.

Air con was noisy and ineffective.

Porters seemed uninterested unless prompted by the front desk.

Stated cable TV, doesn’t tell you none of the channels are in English apart from 2 news channels. OK I speak Portuguese so not such an issue for me personally but I heard other complain

I had agreed a late check out to 2pm only to be called at 12pm to be told I needed to get out the room ASAP as they needed it.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2016

Lovely roof terrace and pool, overlooking Rio, Cristo, Sugarloaf and Copacabana beach. Spacious, clean room with jacuzzi bath, comfortable bed, great breakfast and in a great location. This hotel nearly got full marks.

However sadly there were two downsides - the aircon unit is old so very noisy. It works fine but you can't have it on while you sleep as it keeps you awake which is a shame.

The other issue was regarding a shampoo. We'd checked out at 11am and were flying home that evening, the staff were really helpful and stored our bags for the day. We spent it around the pool and had lunch and drinks at the pool bar then wanted to shower using the gym shower before we went home. Unfortunately I forgot to pick up the complimentary shampoo from the room so my boyfriend popped down to reception to ask for one as the staff had been so helpful. The new man on reception however asked which room we were so we explained which room we had been in but had now checked out. He said 'I'm sorry sir but if you've checked out you can't have any complimentary shampoo'. It let the whole stay down to be honest as it was petty and unnecessary. I would say however that it was one gentleman in particular and not a reflection of the other staff at all who were absolutely lovely.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I booked this hotel last minute when the forecast did not look good on Ilha Grande the 3 nights we were supposed to go. There's free wifi and breakfast buffet. There is a nice rooftop with a terrace, pool, bar, small gym and a sauna with a view. The room we stayed in also had a sauna so I assume they all do. It's 2 blocks from the beach and right by copacabana palace.

We really enjoyed the cafe next door to it Galeria 80.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

Lobby staff extremely helpful and spoke good English. The bar staff and waiters spoke little or no English and this made it difficult for us.

The rooms had all that you needed for a comfortable stay, my only issue was that our air conditioner was very noisy.

Excellent location between the metro and the beach. I would stay there again.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple