See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I was by myself for one night and I really enjoyed the time I had. There are people from all over the world and you can make friends easily. Also they provide help with tours in the city so you don't miss a thing.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 April 2017

Great location, 3 blocks from Copacabana. Good value - 35R/night for 10 bed dorm. Clean. Luggage storage. Friendly staff - all. Special mention for David who works the night shift (teaches Maths in the day) whose technical help was much appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

This hostel is only a 5 or 6 minute walk to copacabana beach. It also had a lovely market on the street next to it and it is about a 3 minute walk to the metro. Lots of bars and places to eat close by. The staff in the hostel are very friendly and extremely helpful. Breakfast is included every morning offering juices, tea, coffee, lots of fruit, cereal, cakes and bread. Ideal if travelling on a budget.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hostel when I was in Rio back in May/June. I stayed for about 4 days. I had a great experience here although I will say it is not in the best area. Copacabana in general did not feel safe to me, and just down the street I saw homeless people push people to get money. Anyway the hostel itself was great. I met many people here from other countries that I am still friends with. They have internet, computers for anyone's use, they serve breakfast early in the morning. They give you guides on where to go, they organize tours if you're interested and they had parties going on with all of the guest. I went to one and had a great time. I stayed in an all girls room and had no problems. I slept comfortably and we even had a little balcony to look outside. The bathrooms and floors could have been cleaner with all the girl's hair that falls but that's all. There was always staff in the lobby and they were all sooooo nice and helpful. Many spoke English and Spanish as well :) I would go back for sure. Also if you check out (11 am) but want to keep roaming the city they will hold your luggage for you for the day until you can pick it up or you can hang in the lobby. How nice.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank heygrl123
Reviewed 29 March 2017

The place is very well located, near the beach, shops, restaurants and the metro station Cardeal Arcoverde. However, the building is old and in very bad condition. The rooms are cleaned everyday which is good and the staff are helpful.
The breakfast is ok, they offer bread, butter, jam, 2 types of fruit, cake, water juice, milk, tea and coffee. But I was disappointed to find out they only offered cheese and ham on Saturday and Sunday. Ridiculous!
I got there well before the check in time of 2pm and I was allowed to leave my things in a safe place until check-in time.
The bedroom was ok, but it had no windows and was very hot until they turned the AC on in the evening. There were however other rooms which had windows so those are probably better for the summer months.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends