All reviewsbed dormlocation is greatcopacabanapartiescomputersfavela
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I went to Che Lagarto in 2016 as part of a G-Adventures experience. I stayed here for two weekends in between living in a nearby favela.
I arrived alone in Rio but my luggage didn't! When I arrived at the hostel, they couldn't do enough to help me find it. They lent me their phones, spoke in Portuguese to the airport staff and searched online to help me - it was returned within 24hours and I was so grateful to them.
They arrange great trips, advise restaurants and are just helpful people.
Although the dorms can be loud at nights, mine was clean and for the money I was happy with my short stay.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank bs_92
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Backpackers will never regret about staying in this hostel. Good value, nice location, helpful and fun staff to help travelers with anything they may need, nice cold beers at the bar, perfect if you are traveling alone.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2017

This hostel is nice because of the position: it's close to Copacabana and the metro line. There are a lot of things to eat for breakfast and the reception is nice! Rooms were clean, but the common washrooms were Always dirty.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank MicheleP3424
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

It's quite average hostel, a bit overpriced in my opinion. Some rooms are extremely small. The capacity of the hostel is more than 100 people, but the kitchen can hardly contain more than 2. Breakfast isn't great as well.
Pricing is very weird and seems quite random. I booked for 2 nights first, and then extended twice, every time for 2 more nights. Price was different every time. And my friend who booked online for the same dates as me paid more than I did.
Location is good, 5 minutes walk to the beach.
I give this hostel 4 out of 5 just because of its staff. People working there are awesome. Very nice, friendly and helpful no matter what.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Anna19191919
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I was by myself for one night and I really enjoyed the time I had. There are people from all over the world and you can make friends easily. Also they provide help with tours in the city so you don't miss a thing.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo