“Wonderful atmosphere ”

Casa De Arte & Cultura Julieta De Serpa
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

It was a wonderful surprise to have dinner in a place like this! The food is great! The decoration and the historic building in the Flamengo neighborhood in front of “aterro “ is perfect, well done, carefully maintained!!!
Congratulations!!!!
Every time in Rio I will come back!!!!!

Date of experience: January 2018

Reviewed 1 November 2016

My boyfriend and I went there for our second Valentine's Day dinner, and it was actually a surprise that he organised for us. I didn't know we were going to have dinner there until we stopped the car in front of this charming 18th-century-like French-style château, and that's when all the glamour started. The doorman kindly opened the door for us, and as we entered, the magic of that place surrounded us and made us feel like actual princes. Then the table was ready for us, previously booked by him, and the chairs, table cloth, candlelight, everything was just perfect. The food was indescribable, it was heavenly, from the appetiser to the dessert, it was all so well chosen and harmonised... we had a flute of champagne to start and celebrate our love, then we started with the whole Valentine's carefully chosen menu. The sommelier was so caring and lovely, what a service! I could feel the passion flash through his eyes as he was advising us about which wine we should choose. This place brings me nothing but some of the greatest memories in my whole life. A unique moment in a unique palace. Simply unforgettable.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

We had a reservation FOR 6 PEOPLE made several weeks in advance for 10:30 pm.

The show went a little long so we called at 10:40 pm to let them know we were on our way and we're told "the kitchen closes at 11 pm".

Now I ask:

WHY DO YOU ACCEPT A RESERVATION FOR 6 PEOPLE AT 10:30 PM????

DO YOU REALLY EXPECT US TO EAT A 3-4 COURSE MEAL IN 30 MINUTES???

This is a VERY EXPENSIVE restaurant and you SHOULD TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS WITH A LITTLE MORE RESPECT.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank FernandoFVJardim
Reviewed 1 November 2015

Our Brazilian family introduced us to this beautiful house.
10 of us were taken here for afternoon tea and opera. The afternoon tea was varied and plentiful with a selection of teas or hot chocolate orange or melon juice. We were then treated to a very colourful and varied snippets of different operas. A great introduction to opera for us. After which we went on up to the Paris Bar where we spent the most fun evening of cocktails and music chosen by ourselves with the help of the staff, who were very accommodating. Rounding off a wonderful afternoon/evening.

Date of experience: October 2015