As others have stated - The location OVERLOOKING the most amazing, well known beach in Rio ...Copacabana Beach and across the bay toward Sugarloaf.
Marta had advised us earlier that she would not be there on our arrival but Lucia would and we’d all catch up later than night. Lucia showed us to our room, around the guest house with the 'guest' kitchen and of course the view all with NO English - there was NO problem at all...we all had lots of laughs and of hand waving and we all ‘spoke the same language in the end’!!! Such a delight!!
Marta’s enthusiasm and positive warm outlook makes you feel extremely welcome and like a long-lost friend! Nothing was ever an issue and she was always willing to go the ‘extra mile’!
Marta's Guesthouse is spacious and very comfortable with a delicious breakfast, freshly squeezed juice, coffee, fruit and yummy cakes all served with a huge smile from Lucia on the terrace with THAT view!!!We felt very safe as the building has a gate with a 24h guard to operate it, a wonderful ‘old fashioned lift’, you come and go as you please, use the guest kitchen, cold water, put your wine in the fridge bought from a supermarket one street away – home away from home but BETTER!!
Apart from THE VIEW and beach across the road, opposite the building entrance is a laundromat and next street (back from Marta’s) is a Bank-5 mins walk away! Fabulous restaurants all a few minutes walk from Marta's.
Word of warning re: Banks in Rio. Saturday, Sunday and Monday is classified as ONE day therefore only R$200 per day per card can be withdrawn.
When in Rio STAY at Marta’.... you’ll love it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer and special service and are prepared to help our guests since the start of the preparation of the trip to Brazil. In a very spectacular location in front of the Copacabana beach, and with the most beautiful views. Our Guesthouse offers comfort and have a very family atmosphere, and Marta is there to help the guests to find the best places to enjoy the city. With experience in tourism, Marta can help you with the best indication of tours, restaurants and what to do in Rio. Welcome to Marta's and be home at our Guesthouse ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Rio Guest House ( Marta's Guest House) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Guest House ( Marta`s Guest House) Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Rio Guest House ( Marta's Guest House) Rio De Janeiro, Brazil