“Great dining a Jay Bistro”
Review of Jay Bistro

Jay Bistro
Ranked #34 of 4,206 Restaurants in Florianopolis
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2016

We enjoyed our experience at Jay Bistro quite a lot. Nice quiet, romantic evening celebrating with the wife. The decor is very nice - upscale, modern, Brazilian. The staff was very attentive with excellent service. Food was excellent. Very large wine selection with menu on an tablet. They gave us some great advice on a local sparkling wine that was perfect with the meal. Overall, was a great night.

Reviewed 2 March 2016

In Jurerê International there are some rather good restaurants. The Jay Bistro has a nice setting, cozy atmosphere. We enjoyed the evening with friends. However, the menu did not meet the high level expectations, entrecote too salty with poor fries, the other choices not convincing, little selection of beers, too expensive. Well, nevertheless, the evening was nice.

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

Jay Bistro is my new favorite restaurant in Jurere Internacional (herein after Jurere).

I have been to Jurere many times but had never experienced Jay Bistro and I always thought there was something missing in the food scene in Jurere. While Donna and 300 certainly are a good scene, their food is only so so.( I do love 300's tropical ceviche.) But I wanted something nicer for a romantic dinner, something more fancy and sophisticated.

Enter Jay Bistro. From the first time I stepped into this charming little restaurant I was blown away by the
detail and simple elegance. The wait staff is attentive and helpful, which is completely a new experience in Jurere where most places are horribly staffed getting your order wrong or simply not bringing your food at all.

I was recommended this place by a friend, and at first when I heard the word Bistro I didn't think it would be good. I had visions of a sandwich shop with panini's and salads. To my surprise the menu was robust and very well thought out. The menu is unique infusing international standards with locally sourced produce, fish, and meets. I have dined at many of the worlds best restaurants including 1,2, and 3 Michelin star restaurants and I can say this could potentially be a one star restaurant. Coming from a person accustomed to San Francisco cuisine and service that's saying a lot for a restaurant in Jurere.

We liked it so much we dined there twice.

The bur blanc scallops were delicious. The cone crab is the chefs take on a crab cake and was fantastic. The Lobster was moist and cooked perfectly sat atop a bed of perfect al dente Rissoto.

The Carbonara was unique and very good with an egg and fried cheese giving it a nice crunchy texture with the pasta.

We drank Torrontes both nights

I ordered the tastes of chocolate for dessert and it was delicious.

For a very nice meal with two starters and splitting the lobster, Dessert, a bottle of wine, and a glass of Port our bill was less than $100 US.

The chef has a good eye and each dish was presented in a unique and elegant manner. The dishes we tried so impressed us that it make me think the other dish would also be amazing and I look forward to our return.

The stem wear, glasses and plates were all astutely chosen adding another level to this places charm.

They offer a filet of veal , a ribeye, duck confit, and bone marrow that I want to try next time. They also have main dishes of fish and the lobster that we loved.

The staff shared that the menu is seasonal and uses local fish and meats which is impressive.

It was family friendly, but also very romantic. It doesn't have the nightlife scene like Donna or 300 but you can always go to Donna or 300 after.

If you want a romantic date spot this is a great place.

Overall I was very impressed and hope to see this place thrive well into the future.

Do your self a favor and make a reservation. You will need one for Thursday-Sunday. The place was packed with locals in the know.

Reviewed 19 September 2015

Had a meal here with my mother-in-law and (now) sister-in-law. We had a lovely meal in an up market setting. The menu is Italian based, with a decent range of dishes. Everyone agreed their meal was tasty and the wine was very good.

Would go back.

Reviewed 4 December 2014

No one could tell this Bistro in Jurere Beach, Florianopolis would be such an amazing cuisine. It's such a small and cozy place with the most amazing food. I tried the Octopus and it was superb!! The list of wines was also excellent and the one suggested to harmonize with our dish was perfect. So, kudos to the sommelier too! The Chef got our compliments when he visited our table! Highly recommended!

2  Thank Mitsumi