Sables Hotel
US$199
US$143
Pullman
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 December 2014

Upon entry to the hotel, it smelled like it was a restaurant (and not in a complimentary sense, because the smell was SO, SO strong). The room we received looked clean, but it was pretty small and no-frills. I had to get a special key from the front desk just to use the in-room safe. This hotel reminds me of what it was like to go on a road-trip in college with friends. With no money. Or a college dorm before you put anything in it. Also, we never could connect to the wifi. Plus, the hotel is 25 minutes or so from the airport. Nothing bad happened, but I have no plans to ever return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CarlT_reviews
pamelasaho, Diretor de vendas at Sables Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2014

Our restaurant has been frequently a reason for compliments from our costumers and its a important service, even more after a total face lift it receveid recently.
We are central located, in the very best neighbourhood in Guarulhos, near to Bosque Maia Park, next to stores, restaurants, etc and it takes no more than 15 minutes to get to the airport. Maybe in this day, unfortunally, the traffic was harder, but if so it would happen to every hotel.
We really hope you change your mind in case of returning to Guarulhos, and give us another chance. Best regards,

Reviewed 27 September 2014

This is a good choice for an airport stay. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. We had a problem with our room safe which was resolved quickly. Although the rooms are small, the hotel is very clean and had a really good breakfast included in the room rate. We also had a decent dinner there and the wait staff was friendly and personable. The hotel shuttle provided both pickup and delivery back to the airport - the driver was on time An added bonus was a jazz duo that played on Saturday afternoon. We would definitely recommend this hotel. .

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here for about 5 hours overnite as I had a late night flight coming in at GRU and early morning flight departing GRU. In my previous experiences, I always used to stay put, at the GRU airport in trying to save some money but this visit, I decided to give this a try...that is stay in a hotel for few hours between flights.

I must admit, I was not disappointed and I will return.

Positives

1. Friendly English speaking front desk. They discussed with me my departure flight and advised me what time to take the wake up call and what time to leave in the hotel's shuttle. I appreciated that.

2. The room was clean. bed looked pretty fresh. However over the bedsheet, (the quilt looked a bit worn out)

3. The room was noise free.I slept for 4 hours like a "dead" person. Very good sleep...due to clean bed, decent mattress, no noise and ability to switch off lights.

4. I took a shower early morning. Very hot water at a very good flow was available. It won my heart! Can not live without hot water in hotels.

5. The bathroom was clean.

6. The wake up call, was given in time. The shuttle was arranged in time.

7. The fridge was full of water bottles. Both with or without gas. They had to be paid for. depending on use.

Negatives

1. The wifi in the room was not good.It worked well in the alleyways and was pretty strong but seemed to die in the room.

2. The towels were not fluffy. Quiet rough, they were.

3. Room had two twin beds. Perhaps, no option for a queen sized bed, was available at the hotel. I never bothered to ask them to change my room for this, as I was there only for a few hours.

4. The hotel is not exactly next door to GRU airport. It takes good a 20-25 minute ride to reach the hotel and back.

5. While going to the hotel, I took a taxi. It cost 50 reals. Though I could have ordered a shuttle but i did not have the patience at 0200 in the night.

6. The room was pretty small. The bathroom was pretty small.

I did not get a chance to check the quality of breakfast.

Overall, I recommend this hotel for a few hours overnite stay. Even if you are used to staying in classy hotels, you will survive well here for a overnight stay. I do not recommend this hotel for a prolonged stay unless you are a budget traveler or something.

Room Tip: ask for a room where the wifi is indeed working!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sally M
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Nice hotel, clean, good breakfast and wireless. Especially appreciate their caring service. My son was stuck at GRU having missed a flight. No credit card....very little cash and me in the USA.

At 02:00 AM, after trying three other hotels in Guarulhos that were not helpful, the kind staff at Sables agreed to send a shuttle for him and send me a form to fill out and send back to confirm and pay for room, internet and breakfast. Very good service, reasonable rates and above and beyond service expectations. Thank You Sables!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark-and-Linny
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night courtesy of TAM due to a missed flight connection. Room was ok, average size, clean with decent air con. Dinner was served in the room and wasn't bad at all. Breakfast served in the restaurant was good too. Swift 15 minute transfer from the airport included in room rate, from outside T2.

A decent stay - recommended if you can get a good room rate.

• Stayed: March 2014