“Near airport”
Review of Sables Hotel

Sables Hotel
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Guarulhos
Reviewed 15 March 2015

Basic near airport, very nice staff, helpful, decor Orange, reminded me of a travel inn type, but up a bit! Very clean, basic double bed, one pillow each. Shower but lovely hot water.
Dinner was ok, but a lot not available, ideal for the airport and free 24 hour shuttle. Wifi free to.
There was a storm when we arrived, electricity off, but hotel had generator. Need a key for the safe but we only there for a few hours and not going out we didn't worry. We allowed room until 1 pm no extra charge. Air conditioning sort of worked. But it was very hot.
While waiting for shuttle lunch was put out, very bust and looked very good

Room Tip: All rooms have noise from traffic and airport, but with air conditioning on it blocked it out. We st...
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank georgiegirl1_11
Roberto A, Diretor de vendas at Sables Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2015

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your comments!
We are improving our staff and specially our restaurant. Will will find us with good news if we have the pleasure to have you with us again.
Best Regards,
Roberto

Reviewed 2 December 2014

Upon entry to the hotel, it smelled like it was a restaurant (and not in a complimentary sense, because the smell was SO, SO strong). The room we received looked clean, but it was pretty small and no-frills. I had to get a special key from the front desk just to use the in-room safe. This hotel reminds me of what it was like to go on a road-trip in college with friends. With no money. Or a college dorm before you put anything in it. Also, we never could connect to the wifi. Plus, the hotel is 25 minutes or so from the airport. Nothing bad happened, but I have no plans to ever return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CarlT_reviews
pamelasaho, Diretor de vendas at Sables Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2014

Our restaurant has been frequently a reason for compliments from our costumers and its a important service, even more after a total face lift it receveid recently.
We are central located, in the very best neighbourhood in Guarulhos, near to Bosque Maia Park, next to stores, restaurants, etc and it takes no more than 15 minutes to get to the airport. Maybe in this day, unfortunally, the traffic was harder, but if so it would happen to every hotel.
We really hope you change your mind in case of returning to Guarulhos, and give us another chance. Best regards,

Reviewed 27 September 2014

This is a good choice for an airport stay. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. We had a problem with our room safe which was resolved quickly. Although the rooms are small, the hotel is very clean and had a really good breakfast included in the room rate. We also had a decent dinner there and the wait staff was friendly and personable. The hotel shuttle provided both pickup and delivery back to the airport - the driver was on time An added bonus was a jazz duo that played on Saturday afternoon. We would definitely recommend this hotel. .

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here for about 5 hours overnite as I had a late night flight coming in at GRU and early morning flight departing GRU. In my previous experiences, I always used to stay put, at the GRU airport in trying to save some money but this visit, I decided to give this a try...that is stay in a hotel for few hours between flights.

I must admit, I was not disappointed and I will return.

Positives

1. Friendly English speaking front desk. They discussed with me my departure flight and advised me what time to take the wake up call and what time to leave in the hotel's shuttle. I appreciated that.

2. The room was clean. bed looked pretty fresh. However over the bedsheet, (the quilt looked a bit worn out)

3. The room was noise free.I slept for 4 hours like a "dead" person. Very good sleep...due to clean bed, decent mattress, no noise and ability to switch off lights.

4. I took a shower early morning. Very hot water at a very good flow was available. It won my heart! Can not live without hot water in hotels.

5. The bathroom was clean.

6. The wake up call, was given in time. The shuttle was arranged in time.

7. The fridge was full of water bottles. Both with or without gas. They had to be paid for. depending on use.

Negatives

1. The wifi in the room was not good.It worked well in the alleyways and was pretty strong but seemed to die in the room.

2. The towels were not fluffy. Quiet rough, they were.

3. Room had two twin beds. Perhaps, no option for a queen sized bed, was available at the hotel. I never bothered to ask them to change my room for this, as I was there only for a few hours.

4. The hotel is not exactly next door to GRU airport. It takes good a 20-25 minute ride to reach the hotel and back.

5. While going to the hotel, I took a taxi. It cost 50 reals. Though I could have ordered a shuttle but i did not have the patience at 0200 in the night.

6. The room was pretty small. The bathroom was pretty small.

I did not get a chance to check the quality of breakfast.

Overall, I recommend this hotel for a few hours overnite stay. Even if you are used to staying in classy hotels, you will survive well here for a overnight stay. I do not recommend this hotel for a prolonged stay unless you are a budget traveler or something.

Room Tip: ask for a room where the wifi is indeed working!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sally M
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Nice hotel, clean, good breakfast and wireless. Especially appreciate their caring service. My son was stuck at GRU having missed a flight. No credit card....very little cash and me in the USA.

At 02:00 AM, after trying three other hotels in Guarulhos that were not helpful, the kind staff at Sables agreed to send a shuttle for him and send me a form to fill out and send back to confirm and pay for room, internet and breakfast. Very good service, reasonable rates and above and beyond service expectations. Thank You Sables!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo