“**Amazing Atmosphere & Cobbles to Die for**”
Review of Old Nessebar

and up
Nessebar Old Town Walking Tour
Ranked #2 of 36 things to do in Nessebar
Reviewed 29 June 2018

We got the water taxi over from the peer at the bottom of our resort, Garden of Eden. We must of picked a bad day for it as it was VERY rough, didn't particularly bother me but I know it bothered other people that were on the boat with us.
The architecture of Old Nessebar really shines through and you can tell they look after it well. We found it to be a very calm place which was nice after experiencing the hustle and bustle of SB.
I was disappointed with how many of the buildings were shops, i'm not sure what I was expecting but I didn't see anything there that I hadn't already seen in Sunny Beach, i'm not a big shopper on holiday so I'd say 60% of Old Nessebar didn't appeal to me. However, people who are into shopping, you'll love it!!
Gorgeous restaurants everywhere, plenty to choose from! Well worth a visit.

On reflection i'd probably go during the day instead of late afternoon/ early evening and book a tour perhaps.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,761)
All reviews
in 69 reviews
"ice cream"
in 63 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

we were staying at sunny beach, which we hadnt realised was going to be so lively.this was more our thing, as there is nothing old on sunny beach.just us! we were told this was like rhodes old town,which we love,and when we arrived i wished we had stayed here instead.lots of history and lots to take photos of, as i hadnt took any on sunny beach.fab surroundings,lovely little shops,bars and resteraunts. lots with a sea view too.we were only here for the day so didnt have the pleasure of staying for an evening meal but plenty of choice,and fab views.lovely place.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Old Nessebar is a must see if you are in the area. Can be very busy at times especially during summer months, but I`ve been here in the winter when it`s also fantastic to visit.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Very quaint historic site.
Must visit is St Stefans.
Don't book a tour through TUI, a 20 minute trip there could take 2 hours (From Festa Pomorie).
Suggest you research first, choose what you want to see and use Google maps to get around. Local transport is cheap and reliable. Use metered yellow cabs if you plan to use a taxi, but local busses are very good.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Old Nessebar is a lovely place to visit. There are a few ways to get there, a bus from Sunny Beach, a sight seeing bus that ends at Nessebar or a sea taxi (a boat) from the bridge on the beach. Whichever way you go it is worth a visit. There are 16 churches, although some are in ruins on Nessebar, lots of small shops and lots of restaurants. The streets are cobbled so flat shoes are essential, I was pleased I went in trainers. After the hustle and bustle of Sunny Beach Nessebar is a quieter experience. There is a lovely harbour there which is where the sea taxies go from, it is 10 lev about £5. a trip, the sight seeing bus was only 2 lev about £1. for a half an hour trip. Nessebar is a very small island which is attached to the mainland by a road, a must to visit when at Sunny Beach. If you are visiting the churches, as a mark of respect, ladies are asked to cover their shoulders and knees although there were lots of people in shorts. If you have ever been to York in England Nessebar reminded me of the Shambles in York, lots of alley ways and tiny shops.

1  Thank seajoy2017