“Handy, friendly comfort.”
Review of Lux Guest house

Lux Guest house
Ranked #10 of 46 Battambang B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 October 2012

It seems it is the hotels policy to pick guests up from the bus station. We arrived at around 6:30pm after a very long, hot bus ride from Phnom Penh. I was sick, so I was very relieved when I saw my name pop up on a card outside the bus window. The chap grabbed our bags and before he set off, told us that because he didn't know where we were coming from or when, he had been running from bus to bus since 10:30 am looking for us!!! On arrival we were handed cold ripe bananas and given a brief overview of the area by the same tuk tuk driver. The only issue really was that we were on the fourth floor, and with no lift and feeling sick, it was a challenge going out for dinner!
The room was great. Spacious, beautiful view, clean and cozy. I spent most of our time in Battambang, in bed, but my wife was easily able to explore the town and when I was better, got to see the river which is only 5 minutes walk away. Friendly, helpful staff who booked our bus back to Phnom Penh and trips out at night. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike_auger

Reviewed 3 October 2012

We stayed two nights Ian twin room. The beds are huge, air conditioning runs nicely and wi if connection is great. We also had a bar size fridge. Staff were very helpful and got us the best tuk tuk in town - nicky. It is close to a few great cafes. Battambang is hardly a tourist town so it is great to see the real Cambodia. Very noisy from the street even on the fourth floor, but you are in the city so it is to be expected.

Room Tip: Wear earplugs due to noise from the street.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2012

The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean with strong water pressure. Free banana + water.

However, there was mosquito in the lobby. =(

Very nice location, but not to say very happening. A lil boring.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My experience went from good to great to amazing. The guesthouse is located on a quiet street two blocks from the market and river.

Let's start with good: in low season for under $10 you can get a room with ensuite bathroom, hot water, refrigerator (not all rooms), good bed and bedding, flat screen (sometimes regular) tv with lots of English channels and wifi. Bicycles are available for $2 a day and motorbikes as well.

The great? Rooms are cleaned daily and stocked with bottles of water. They greet you in the afternoons/evenings daily with chilled fresh cut fruit. The wifi is also placed on every floor so that you can get it from every room in the place. The hot water is actually hot, unlike many budget places, and I didn't even have to turn it all the way up to get a scalding hot, good pressure shower. Seems like small things but I have rarely encountered this at the budget level in my months in the region.

The amazing is when I overslept my bus and woke up at 7 for my 6:45 bus. The front desk guy rushed upstairs to help me pack then whisked me to two separate bus stations on a scooter to make sure I got on the next bus with the same ticket. Now that's service!

I did have an ant problem in the room, but they cleaned and sprayed it daily so it's just the persistence of ants out here. The rooms are otherwise very clean.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lily C
Reviewed 21 July 2012

having previously lived in Battembang i was aware of the Lux,,,so when i returned for a visit i booked here. Good collection at the bus station avoided any scammers trying to take you elsewhere. Great comfortable rooms,,bright and airy. First hot shower in over a month !!!! always good. and even the tv channels had been sorted into groups by language,,,Great.
Staff are friendly and great location.

Room Tip: no lift,,but only 3 floors high !!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo